What to do with Caches during the winter.

Guest boreal jeff

Guest boreal jeff

This might be a little soon to start thinking about this but...

What do you do with your caches over the winter? Should I just leave them there and hope they weather the winter or archive them and take them home until spring.

We usually get a lot of snow and I don't think they could be found during winter.

quote:
Originally posted by boreal jeff:

What do you do with your caches over the winter?

I have the same dilemma Jeff. My two "real" caches have containers that I'm sure would weather OK but my concern is footprints in the snow leading to the hiding spot. It doesn't bother me if cachers see the trail but others who may be curious could find them. If I take them in for the winter I would reuse one for a new location and put the other back in the same spot. My third is a "virtual". I think I'll leave it out for the winter. icon_biggrin.gif The mountain is too big to move.

------------------

Happy Caching, Olar

"if you come to a fork in the trail, then take it!"

quote:
Originally posted by boreal jeff:

What do you do with your caches over the winter?

I have the same dilemma Jeff. My two "real" caches have containers that I'm sure would weather OK but my concern is footprints in the snow leading to the hiding spot. It doesn't bother me if cachers see the trail but others who may be curious could find them. If I take them in for the winter I would reuse one for a new location and put the other back in the same spot. My third is a "virtual". I think I'll leave it out for the winter. icon_biggrin.gif The mountain is too big to move.

------------------

Happy Caching, Olar

"if you come to a fork in the trail, then take it!"

Guest RCharlier

I have been thinking about the same issue. I have been hoping that a un-archive option would be added so that in fall we could archive a cache and then return it to action in the spring with an un-archive option.