Profile tabs - is LISTS new ?

Deepdiggingmole

A gripe I've always had about that page:  it first lists every cache for which I've ever awarded a favorite point.  There is a ton of scrolling to be done before discovering my public lists at the bottom of the page.  Why not display the public lists first, followed by the long boring list of caches with favorites?

• Upvote 4

I would only use that public profile tab "lists" when looking at someone else's lists, of which I'd prefer to see their public lists first, as opposed to the caches they've awarded a favorite to.

For my own lists, as explained in post #2, both the old page and new dashboard experience have the quick tabs at the top for switching between my lists, favorites, and ignored caches.

18 hours ago, RuideAlmeida said:

Not new.

Use this path, instead.

Confused - how does that help edit whether I can have the fav list tab visible or not 
I can see that you can edit that list (as in the link given above) - does that remove the favourite point from those caches or just take them off the list ??

Cheers

18 hours ago, RuideAlmeida said:

Not new.

Use this path, instead.

I think @Deepdiggingmole is talking about this tab. 

Screenshot_20220726-134219.thumb.png.b1e55e09b84d51a3f87da25c1500376e.png

They seem to be asking whether that tab can be hidden. 

40 minutes ago, Deepdiggingmole said:

Confused - how does that help edit whether I can have the fav list tab visible or not 

You can hide these lists by setting them to "Private" on the page RuideAlmeida linked above. 

744620872_Screenshot_20220726-1345582.thumb.png.3aa43a626a5a99ebaba4bf3ad2c62088.png

368561926_Screenshot_20220726-1348352.thumb.png.88c8b5ac6f32ca68a5796bb0e7e004ed.png

(Notice that "First to Finds" is Public and so appears in the tab.)

User Privacy does not currently allow you to hide your Favourites list, nor does it allow you to hide the Lists tab completely. 

• Helpful 1

@Hügh 

I can see how you hide lists like that which are found in the bookmark lists section,  however, as you pointed out at the top of your reply I was referring to the TAB 'Lists' which gives all the favourites I have given out 

I do NOT have a list of these favourites in my bookmark lists - so am not able to hide them 

The Bookmark lists which are referenced at the bottom of this tab are the ones that I have set to public and happy for that to be the case - I am simply referring to the very long list of caches that i have given favourite points to - and it is that part that I want to set as private 

26 minutes ago, Deepdiggingmole said:

I am simply referring to the very long list of caches that i have given favourite points to - and it is that part that I want to set as private 

I don't believe you can hide the caches you've given Favorite Points to, other than by removing the Favorite Points.

• Helpful 1
1 minute ago, niraD said:

I don't believe you can hide the caches you've given Favorite Points to, other than by removing the Favorite Points.

Yes, I am getting that same thought as I have tried with the list and it does remove the favourite rather than remove it from the list (except of course removing the favourite will remove it from the list !!) 

Why is it you can set some things to private but not that ???

18 hours ago, niraD said:

Not really. You can remove all your Favorite Points, and then your list of Favorites will be private. Voilà!

Additionally, it 'hurts' the hobby, but you can remove your favourites, then add then to a favourites bookmark list for yourself, which you can set to private. But of course no one will benefit (ymmv) from the fact that you 'favourited' those caches. But then, by wanting to lockdown as much of your public profile as possible in this community-structured hobby, that shouldn't matter much anyway.  Favourites are public; don't want them public? Can't use'em. *shrug*

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1