Looking for a specific geocache

Tegiro

I had a group of geocaches in the Ottawa area of Ontario I wanted to do and just wrote one of the geocache codes down.

I wrote: GC9X0DS

Now, when I type this geocache it is not available.

Obviously I copied it down wrong and I now cannot seem to locate it.

Is there a way to search for a geocache using some of the letters and numbers I wrote down?

Is there a way to look for all geocaches in my area that start with GC9.... or GC9X...?

Tegiro

3 hours ago, Tegiro said:

I had a group of geocaches in the Ottawa area of Ontario I wanted to do and just wrote one of the geocache codes down.

Is there a way to search for a geocache using some of the letters and numbers I wrote down?

Is there a way to look for all geocaches in my area that start with GC9.... or GC9X...?

Tegiro

There is a GC9X0D1 (Nice shoes) in Ottawa.

BTW, the way I found that was Project-GC, wildcard search for "GC9X* ottawa". There may be other ways.

Edited by ChriBli
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
3 hours ago, Tegiro said:

Tegiro

Now you can create a new list, with those you want to find. It's a lot harder to lose an online list. 😁

Edited by Max and 99
  • Helpful 1
On 7/25/2022 at 2:48 PM, ChriBli said:

There is a GC9X0D1 (Nice shoes) in Ottawa.

BTW, the way I found that was Project-GC, wildcard search for "GC9X* ottawa". There may be other ways.

Thanks for the suggestion,  but that cache is in the state of Michigan, and not in Ottawa, Ontario,

Thanks again. I will try your suggestion search pattern.

Tegiro

On 7/30/2022 at 4:04 PM, Tegiro said:

Thanks for the suggestion,  but that cache is in the state of Michigan, and not in Ottawa, Ontario,

Thanks again. I will try your suggestion search pattern.

Tegiro

My bad. But searching for "GC9X* ottawa ontario" shows that there is nothing like the GC-code you mention there. Also, there can be no 'S' in a GC-code. There is a GC9X0D5, but that's in Norway. You must have mixed up some other character too. Assuming you know that the cache is fairly recent, so the '9' is correct, you must have got the 'X' wrong. I tried GC9K0D5 but that's in Utah.