Burned out on geocaching... time to go now

canadazuuk

I'm burned out on old time geocaching, it's time for me to go away for now.

My membership was cancelled tonight after a disaster of a day. Apologies to MarinerBC and cacherunner, you will be repaid five-fold in due course.

As for specifics, all I will say is that I am tired of the constant BS in the forums, the bad vibes, the missing caches, bad caches, bad coordinates, dog **** in North Vancouver... enough is enough. If I can't be part of the solution, then I am part of the problem.

It would be interesting to know though, how many other folks are burned out on this 'lookin for a plastic container somewhere' racket?

GPS still interests me (gee whiz, I own 6 of 'em), but just think there has to be something else to try.

I'm gonna pack up my BFL and gear, and now that I'm working 4 on 4 off, I'm gonna tackle confluence hunting or something else obscure. Maybe even solo geodashing. Who knows.

I may just stick to hiding geocaches now, though I did archive 12 tonight. (My AMS series was another disaster...) With everyone pushing admins buttons though, the rules may keep getting tighter. I don't blame them one bit if they do.

I don't mean to discourage any new cachers, or any legendary cachers either. I'm just telling it the way I'm seeing and feelin it.

Good luck to those that remain.

canadazuuk

Thanks for your encouragement to try some other GPS related 'things'.

I came across this site as well.

I have a team going now for 'geodashing', we are called 'arbitrary_intentions'... there are three additional spots open to anyone outside of of the two home areas in BC and NC

One thing I have realized, is that as great as geocaching.com is, it isn't and can't be *everything*

Cheers,

canadazuuk