Adventure Lab location on map enhancements

Our Prague Giga trip we talk about playing AL and how those could be shown in app.

Now creator can select AL start location and it could be miles away where is actual visit loacations. This should be change to sequential AL.

If LAB creator select sequential order then lab location should be in main map latest unvisited location. It would be helpful to all players.

Also in non-sequential LAB start point should show in middle point of unvisited locations.

In progress LABs should view in map different color dot. Now all is viewed in green and then you need open filter to find "in progress" labs.

• Funny 2
48 minutes ago, jmiettin said:

What kind problem this could create in your opinion?

Where do I begin? There are so many threads in this forum on the problems of sequential adventure labs. Unless there's a really good reason for an adventure lab to be sequential I'm of the opinion that it should be non-sequential. 

Many prefer to do the lab locations in the order they want,  where they are at the time, and of course two geocachers can come from different directions, thinking

it should start at their end. And this is just one of many issues: if there's a problem with one stage in a sequential adventure lab, you cannot proceed. 

Here is one discussion:

https://forums.geocaching.com/GC/index.php?/topic/367132-ad-labs-feature-request-remove-sequential-order-as-an-option/

Edited by Max and 99
2 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

Where do I begin? There are so many threads in this forum on the problems of sequential adventure labs. Unless there's a really good reason for an adventure lab to be sequential I'm of the opinion that it should be non-sequential. 

I think you're misreading jmiettin's suggestion. I'm pretty sure he's saying the location of the pin on the app's map should be changed for sequential ALs, not that ALs should be changed to sequential.

I can see some merit in the suggestion, but there are some ALs where it would be unhelpful. On one of mine, the starting location is at the entrance to the national park and the AL locations are along a loop track within the park. For that one, I'd really prefer the starting location to remain where it is as that's where you have to park to get to any of the waypoints.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
On 7/22/2022 at 3:59 PM, barefootjeff said:

I there are some ALs where it would be unhelpful. On one of mine, the starting location is at the entrance to the national park and the AL locations are along a loop track within the park. For that one, I'd really prefer the starting location to remain where it is as that's where you have to park to get to any of the waypoints.

My (so far only) AL also has a specific location where you have to start. Parking is available only on the opposite side of the river to where the AL is, and there is a pedestrian bridge to cross the river from the parking to the AL.  And, no, you cannot access the AL from the other side by walking--there is a railroad yard and at least one fence in the way. ( But I don't really understand what this thread is about.)