Cache In Trash Out Day

GroundClutter

Haven't seen a post about this yet. April 26th is the 1st International Cache In Trash Out day. It's a day where Geocachers can help clean up their parks and other cache friendly places. The web site is http://www.geocaching.com/cito/

GPS Central http://www.gpscentral.ca/accessories/geocaching/citoshirt.htm has t-shirts and garbage bags for sale. I'll be placing an order in the next day or so. If anyone from the Victoria area would like to bulk order (shirts or other items) with me to save shipping, please let me know ASAP. I think we should plan to help out on that day. Any takers? icon_smile.gif

Step away from the tupperware!

Hey all you cachers! Is anyone interested in participating in a Cache in- Trash out day?

The US is going full steam ahead with participants all across the county. Haven't heard a peep from those of us in Victoria. Maybe we could make it into a big picnic event too if we picked the right park to clean up.

The event shirts and trash bags are now available at GPS Central. (link in above post)

Step away from the tupperware!

We'd like to do something, but as I mentioned in a previous post, I'm not sure how many people will be doing organized caching that day because of the previous night's BFL Event (sponsored by Team Phoenix). What were you thinking? Divide and conquer? Have everybody post the total number of garbage bags they removed on this thread? Hmmmm, any ideas?

I'm going to do a maintenance run on one of my caches that's near a highway rest stop on that day. There's always a bunch of litter around it so it's a perfect place to Cache In Trash Out.

I think my CITO shirt and trash bags got lost in the mail. They were shipped on the 7th but still haven't arrived. Has anyone else got their order from GPS Central?

PDOP's GPS Pages

Hi DonnaG

While I am a little closer to GPS Central than you it's still a long walk (600 km) icon_biggrin.gif Canada Post can sometimes lose things for a week between Edmonton and here (300 km) so I'm not to surprised. If it doesn't show tomorrow GPS Central said they'd ship out a replacement order.

I'm thinking of placing any leftover trashbags in caches I visit.

PDOP's GPS Pages

quote:
If it doesn't show tomorrow GPS Central said they'd ship out a replacement order.

Ian from GPS Central called yesterday to say that the package had come back to them for some reason. He shipped it out again expidited and it was at my place this morning icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Nice shirt and the trash bags are heavy duty with cord draw strings.

PDOP's GPS Pages