Is there such a thing as "Alberta Geocachers"?

ChiefPig

There's a pretty strong community in Calgary, but it isn't really a club or anything. There are get-togethers every so often, and the last one even had an attendee from Edmonton I believe.

There is a Calgary Area Cachers mailing list too. It doesn't have a lot of traffic, but occasionally someone points something out or renders an opinion on some matter. icon_wink.gif You can join the list by emailing napgravy from his profile page.

quote:
Originally posted by reastick:

There's a pretty strong community in Calgary, but it isn't really a club or anything. There are get-togethers every so often, and http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid={CA16E4D5-744C-4EA7-9924-56DAE19D5589} even had an attendee from Edmonton I believe.

Yup , that was me from Edmonton [icon_biggrin.gif], great group in Calgary, and I have to thank outforthehunt for extending the invite to me. I visit once a month because My Girlfriend lives in Calgary ...right beside the final coords of the GCGW3B Mystery Cache, where I'm typing this from right now.

I'm looking forward to the next Event Cache and CITO in the Calgary area...those have both yet to happen in E-Town.

Maybe you should start something ChiefPig? I would like to, but I'm in the process of moving to Cowtown soon so I haven't even been able to plan hiding my first cache yet.