Geocaching Containers

pdhealey

I found what I think are the ideal geocaching containers. They are steel cylinders used for storing food. They're watertight and made of stainless steel. The top is clear so you can see inside. So far it's held up really well for my caches. They're also inexpensive, I got it at the bay for 12 dollars. I've included a picture. You can find them on the bay website.

I'm not crazy about ammo containers for a lot of reasons. First, they look like a bomb (which is bad for reasons I don't have to explain). Plus, I find them hard to open a lot of the time, especially in cold weather when your hands are cold.

I also don't like platic containers because they don't hold up well after 1 or 2 seasons.

What have you seen that you like?

http://img.Groundspeak.com/cache/1687_300.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by pdhealey:

I found what I think are the ideal geocaching containers. They are steel cylinders used for storing food. They're watertight and made of stainless steel. The top is clear so you can see inside. So far it's held up really well for my caches. They're also inexpensive, I got it at the bay for 12 dollars. I've included a picture. You can find them on the bay website.

I'm not crazy about ammo containers for a lot of reasons. First, they look like a bomb (which is bad for reasons I don't have to explain). Plus, I find them hard to open a lot of the time, especially in cold weather when your hands are cold.

I also don't like platic containers because they don't hold up well after 1 or 2 seasons.

What have you seen that you like?

http://img.Groundspeak.com/cache/1687_300.jpg

Hey there: Great cache container... Think any container may be suspect in these times... a sticker on the outside may work but certainly a clear lid may help to 'defuse' any suspicions.

We have had some good success with welding rod containers. I originally got the idea from a friend of mine who uses one to hold road flares in his jeep.

They are watertight. Thier shape makes them able to fit in all sorts of places and they can hold a lot.FWSRG-100-24.jpg