Fun of the sport

peetz

I was just reading back on some of the threads.It seems like some people are in it for the $$$$$....I myself like to get out there and find the caches that you people put out there.I really enjoy the hunt,and the scenery and the parks that i did not know existed.Yes it is a bonus when you do come across a couple of bucks for gas,but thats not what its all about.And thank you all you local island teams for making this possible,and alive icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by peetz:

I was just reading back on some of the threads.It seems like some people are in it for the $$$$$....I myself like to get out there and find the caches that you people put out there.I really enjoy the hunt,and the scenery and the parks that i did not know existed.Yes it is a bonus when you do come across a couple of bucks for gas,but thats not what its all about.And thank you all you local island teams for making this possible,and alive icon_smile.gif

Whoa…where did you get that from?

I never ever expected anything from a cache other than a good time and some pretty scenery to a place I never knew existed. I strongly suspect that there is no way to make a living from Caching….sure I came across a few bucks in my adventures, but I never specifically went to a cache grinding my hands together with glee thinking of all the loot I had just found…OK, the first time I did….

Let me assure you, nobody’s in it for the money

DirtRunner.

Your not first...But you could be next.

Dirtrunner,

check out "TEAM KFWB GPS" 152 hides/1 find, and check out the Vancouver Island scene N4830W12330.

You would be amazed/shocked at what happend out here. Over $30,000.00 has hit the geocaching economy, from 1 team of hiders.

Trust me, if you were here, it would be about the $$$$.

quote:
It seems like some people are in it for the $$$$$....I myself like to get out there and find the caches that you people put out there.

I reluctantly point out that we HAVE established one commandment in this particular region of this small blue planet, and that is:

Thou shalt not discuss others' motivations, lest ye be struck down by those others.

I look forward to doing your new cache, Peetz! But I won't discuss why!

Cheers

I have to agree with the previous three. Having lived on the island all of my life Geocaching has helped me see parts that I probably never would have. I still like doing the team caches even if there is nothing in the caches. As far as others motivations thats up to them I just have to figure out presuming round world.

Hi all as one of the three Peetz team, I just wanted to say... I think the comment by the other peetz wasnt taken exactly right. As we are so new at this reading back on things thats how it looked a money issue... and peetz was just saying how much fun we've been having, money wasnt a factor...

Now to get off that topic,,,, I myself am not from BC I am from NB,,, and have to say the amazing views i saw while geocaching in BC were great.... My son(11) and I were able to see things geocaching we never would have. Thanks to all the teams who made our vacation so great.

I am so jealous of you BCers lol with no snow,,,,, only geocaching i can do right now is with a shovel.....and i find it hard enough to do the driveway lol

Happy GEOCACHING all

Ok, I am in it for the fun. At least I think I am. I haven't actually HAD fun yet. I just found out about this today! I'd love some advice from some seasoned cachers. I'm also looking to get a GPS (ETrex Venture?) Please feel free to contact me as I would love to join in the Island adventure and meet you all.

(I was in it for the chocolate, as I was sure that would be in the caches. But alas, the no food rule. So, I'm in it for the fun.)

quote:
Originally posted by cacherunner:

Don't start again. Please. Just geocache. Who cares why people do it?

Peace. icon_cool.gif

PS For those of you who will undoubtedly notice my past posting about not posting any more-I have recovered, and will only post where I feel it is warranted. Unless I change my mind of course! icon_razz.gif

Yeah, let's all just get along. Forget about the forums and go and get some caches!

[This message was edited by RobertM on March 15, 2003 at 10:35 PM.]