Downtown Toronto

mrcpu

quote:
Originally posted by mrcpu:

Any Cacher's here live or work in Downtown Toronto? I'm thinking we could have a pub night or a picnic to the Island or something like that.

Rob

Mobile Cache Command

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/4525_1300.gif

Sounds rad, man. (I've been hanging around my teenage cousin recently).

I'm looking for a reason to plop the boat in the water for it's first trip. I know where to launch but I'd love to dock someplace neat Ontario place or the island to meet ya'. Never been that way with the boat short of watching the air show.

MajBach

You can't have everything,where would you put it?

1compass.gif

quote:
Originally posted by MajBach:

Never been that way with the boat short of watching the air show.

Hey MajBach,

Was looking at your profile.(great pic in the CF-18 btw)....I'm an aviation enthuiast myself and was wondering what planes you've flown. (too poor to fly myself so I just jump out of them from time to time...lol)

Speaking of airshows, do you know what the dates are in Toronto this year?......Oddly enough I've never been to it although I used to attend London Ont's airshow religiously ever year. I think the ultimate airshow though has to be at NAS Oceana VA.....But then again I lean towards naval aircraft.

Cheers, cliffy icon_smile.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------

sig.jpg

"Whad'ya mean you didn't save the location of the truck?..EEEK!!!..."

quote:
Originally posted by MajBach:

Never been that way with the boat short of watching the air show.

Hey MajBach,

Was looking at your profile.(great pic in the CF-18 btw)....I'm an aviation enthuiast myself and was wondering what planes you've flown. (too poor to fly myself so I just jump out of them from time to time...lol)

Speaking of airshows, do you know what the dates are in Toronto this year?......Oddly enough I've never been to it although I used to attend London Ont's airshow religiously ever year. I think the ultimate airshow though has to be at NAS Oceana VA.....But then again I lean towards naval aircraft.

Cheers, cliffy icon_smile.gif

sig.jpg

My Wife works for Tim Hortons. They sponsor the Airshow and make it into a company picnic with M+M meats. I'v been to it every year for the last 5 years. We usually sit dead front and centre in the VIP area!

I would absolutely love to get an extra set of tickets and give them out but they only give out a few to each store and not all employees get a pair. That said, if you are a really good customer in your local Tim's, perhaps with a bit of "Social Engineering" you could get tickets too.

Personally I miss the Air Show they used to put on at CFB Borden when I was a kid. We'd get right up to the fence around the airfield. We would see skydivers, SnowBirds etc. The best part about sitting there was watching planes take off and land. For example every year they would have a herc do a STOL exercise. One year I saw a CF-18 do some low level, high angle stuff.

Let's not for get the Static displays!

Has anyone gone to the Hamiltion show? I was there once along long time ago. How is it these days?

Rob

Mobile Cache Command

4525_1300.gif

quote:

Has anyone gone to the Hamiltion show? I was there once along long time ago. How is it these days?

Geeze......Been awhile since I last checked out that show myself......at least 4 years ago, but I TOO have good memories of Hamilton. It was always a nice mix of the old & new with it being the home of the National Warplane Heritage. Always nice to see the Lancaster flying (nice to hear too...with those 4 Rolls-Royce Merlins droaning out their songicon_wink.gif

sig.jpg

quote:

Geeze......Been awhile since I last checked out that show myself......at least 4 years ago, but I TOO have good memories of Hamilton. It was always a nice mix of the old & new with it being the home of the National Warplane Heritage. Always nice to see the Lancaster flying (nice to hear too...with those 4 Rolls-Royce Merlins droaning out their song;)

sig.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by GekoTeam:

We're downtowners and the island would be great. But when?

GekoTeam

quote:

Any Cacher's here live or work in Downtown Toronto? I'm thinking we could have a pub night or a picnic to the Island or something like that.

Rob

Mobile Cache Command

Q

Hey Geckoteam! Check your email! I visited your cache a few days ago and had a question. I emailed you and I've seen you on the forums now but you haven't answered my email! icon_smile.gif

Rob

Mobile Cache Command

4525_1300.gif

quote:
Originally posted by GekoTeam:

We're downtowners and the island would be great. But when?

GekoTeam

quote:

Rob

Mobile Cache Command

Q

Hey Geckoteam! Check your email! I visited your cache a few days ago and had a question. I emailed you and I've seen you on the forums now but you haven't answered my email! icon_smile.gif

Rob

Mobile Cache Command

4525_1300.gif

quote:
Originally posted by halldorr:

quote:

Hey I work in that building! What a coincidence!

Ah very! I'll be down there today in fact icon_smile.gif

To bad I didn't see this till I got home! We could of met on 4 for a coffee!

Maybe next time!

Rob

Mobile Cache Command

4525_1300.gif

quote:
Originally posted by halldorr:

quote:

Hey I work in that building! What a coincidence!

Ah very! I'll be down there today in fact icon_smile.gif

To bad I didn't see this till I got home! We could of met on 4 for a coffee!

Maybe next time!

Rob

Mobile Cache Command

4525_1300.gif

I mean you guys know all the better places to go to. When does Ontario Place open? Last time I was there I wasn't old enough to drink. (I think it was called Upper Canada Place).

MajBach

You can't have everything,where would you put it?

1compass.gif