Southwestern Ontario Cache

Guest bad_karma

Guest bad_karma

disapointing if I did and then recieved no geochachers to the site. I was just wondering if there is a great enough intrest in this region.

So, If you WOULD go geochaching in this region, please reply to this message..

Thanx, and happy geochaching

Guest MaasNeotek

You have to think about this in a little broader sense, time wise. Sure it may take a few months to get visitors - but like yourself, perhaps there aren't any already for the same reasons as yours.

The stashing is as fun as the hunting. Take a risk, enjoy a day, and go stash. You might be surprised...

Regards,

Greg (MaasNeotek)

------------------

http://www.building42.com/geocaching[/url]

Building42 is at 55°32'182" N 113°29'49" W

For what it's worth, I know I have the potential to go on a weekend or long adventure for the very reason of finding geocaches! couple with that and sites like roadsideamerica.com, the very act of exploring this country (and others!) is the vacation in itself. Just last Sunday, my fiance and I left from Cleveland to go to Niagra Falls... at 3:30 PM! Finally got home at around 6:30 in the morning... with work at 9! Not intelligent, but it sure was a hoot... so I guess my point is that there are crazy people who will do crazy things for seemingly crazy reasons. Put one out there and someone *will* find it. Just think of maybe having that one cache that NO ONE has conquered yet... it will be the ultimate geocache. icon_wink.gif

So, build it and they will come! Trust me! I look forward to finding yours once it's out there!

For what it's worth, I know I have the potential to go on a weekend or long adventure for the very reason of finding geocaches! couple with that and sites like roadsideamerica.com, the very act of exploring this country (and others!) is the vacation in itself. Just last Sunday, my fiance and I left from Cleveland to go to Niagra Falls... at 3:30 PM! Finally got home at around 6:30 in the morning... with work at 9! Not intelligent, but it sure was a hoot... so I guess my point is that there are crazy people who will do crazy things for seemingly crazy reasons. Put one out there and someone *will* find it. Just think of maybe having that one cache that NO ONE has conquered yet... it will be the ultimate geocache. icon_wink.gif

So, build it and they will come! Trust me! I look forward to finding yours once it's out there!

I just found out about 'Geocaching' this morning and I'm already very interested. The first thing I wanted to know was where around Ontario I could do this. I would greatly encourage you to place a cache somewhere in that area. I live in Toronto so making a short weekend journey out that way would be perfect for me (and hopefully many others).

mike@merphq.com

Guest Shadow Man 57

I live just south of Hamilton...Where you suggested putting your cache would be perfect for me as well....It would make a great day or even weekend trip...go for it...

A friend and I were thinking of starting a geocaching club of sorts in Toronto (and the surrounding area). I am sure that there are a pile of people that live in this area that are interested in Geocaching. So I have to agree with Froggy, if you build it, they will come.

Guest CacheBasher

I also agree. I'm new to this and still havent't bought a GPS unit yet, but I'm getting there and I will probably head in that direction to find a cache. I also like the idea of raze. I'm from Toronto and we should really get something started here.

Guest yukondave

I'd definitely be interesting in something in that area. I discovered geocaching by accident, bought a GPS and 4 days later asked myself "Now what?". I somehow ended up here. I have 2 other buddies with GPSes collecting dust who would probably be interested as well

Guest MaasNeotek

Yukon,

Then get your butt out there and place a cache! You don't need to go far, just place one. The more get out there, the more people will join.

2 months ago, Edmonton had 2 people involved. We now have a dozen. A few easy hunts usually gets the blood pumping. - Now we are building an active community here in alberta, and if the growth continues, there will be dozens to find by next winter.

IF YOU BUILD IT, THEY WILL COME!

------------------

http://www.building42.com/geocaching[/url]

Building42 is at 55°32'182" N 113°29'49" W

Guest yukondave

All right already. My wife and I are going away this weekend to celebrate our anniversary so I might get in trouble if I suggest going off into the bush to hide a bucket of goodies. But I'm on vacation next week so I'll definitely be getting something out then. Look for it on geocaching.com. How's that for a commitment?