Website for us??

Guest queen-tasha

Guest queen-tasha

Hi. Just wondering - are there any websites for us Canadian geocachers?? Canada is a big place and it's hard to figure out which caches are close enough for me to get to using this page since it's so generic...

Thanks!

Guest thibaug

You obviously found the "Ontario" option at the top of the screen? icon_wink.gif

There are more caches in Ontario than Alberta, but I just printed the whole list and went into the details of each and clicked on "Excite! Maps". From there I wrote down on my list where the cache was along with a comment like: "Within 1 hour", "Calgary", "Too far", etc. Now that I have my list it's pretty easy to keep up to date when new caches show up. It was a pain to go through to first time though...

HTH,

------------------

Gilles

Guest thibaug

You obviously found the "Ontario" option at the top of the screen? icon_wink.gif

There are more caches in Ontario than Alberta, but I just printed the whole list and went into the details of each and clicked on "Excite! Maps". From there I wrote down on my list where the cache was along with a comment like: "Within 1 hour", "Calgary", "Too far", etc. Now that I have my list it's pretty easy to keep up to date when new caches show up. It was a pain to go through to first time though...

HTH,

------------------

Gilles

Guest cyber-hunter

The other thing you can do once you find a site that is an exceptable distance from you. Go into the Detailed information for that site and then select the link that says Find other sites near this one. It will give a list of sites that are around 120 km radus from the site you are looking at the Detail on.

I know your problem, but this is what I've done:

Using the easyGPS software I imported all the links that came up for Ontario, and then I put in my home lat/long and double clicked that waypoint. Then I sorted by distance and now I know how far away and what direction thier in.

I also use MS Streets and Trips and I managed to get a batch of GC points into a map all at once.

I managed to get the pushpin info to include a URL back to the Geocache site AND I have ALL the ontario links in now.

[This message has been edited by mrcpu (edited 21 October 2001).]

Guest Alice in Wonderland

Ah, to have that problem! I'm a BC mountain girl exported to little Nova Scotia where we only have 16 caches. The people are fabulous, but my body feels like a trapped animal. What I wouldn't give to build up a major sweat finding a cache overnight up the side of a mountain or 2 days into the woods!

Queen-Tasha, nice to see another girl name on the website! Peace & Joy & Happy Caching!

If you want a nice and tough Nova Scotia geocache, try for our Our Apolletgies. Two mountains between you and your goal along an amazing coastline.

And if that's not enough for you, there are bulls on the trails who aren't too happy when you get too close. If you manage that one, we'll find a location that will really have you sweating! icon_smile.gif

If you want a nice and tough Nova Scotia geocache, try for our Our Apolletgies. Two mountains between you and your goal along an amazing coastline.

And if that's not enough for you, there are bulls on the trails who aren't too happy when you get too close. If you manage that one, we'll find a location that will really have you sweating! icon_smile.gif