More help with "Where's in a name" cache.

KYtrex

I've decided to try to log this infamous locationless. My coords work out to be

(59°43.391 to 59°43.399) or (59°44.391 to 59°44.399). For more information about this cache please check out the "Where's in a name" cache. It looks like the Northern line runs through Canada, Sweden, and Russia.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

KYtrex

-----------------

War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left

[This message was edited by KYtrex on January 24, 2003 at 07:21 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by KYtrex:

I've decided to try to log this infamous locationless. My coords work out to be

59°87.391 to 59°87.399. For more information about this cache please check out the http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?pf=&ID=12627&decrypt=y&log= cache.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

KYtrex

-----------------

KYtrex: Your coordinates are just south of the arctic circle... and the opportunities for caching up there are probably limited icon_cool.gif

I too am trying to log this "locationless" and following the system set out in the cache, my name translates into something like 33° 26.3XXX North.

FYI, my home coordinates are 43° 51.371 N and 79° 17.770W (just north east of Toronto). Sorry I can't help.

DD

"Either that wallpaper goes or I do!"

KYtrex,

As I interpret the cache directions, you can find your namesake coordinate by either lattitude or longitude.

Eyeballing the maps at http://aolsvc.maps.aol.com/research/main.dci

It looks like 59 degrees West goes through Greenland and Brazil. 59 degrees East goes through Iran (eek!), Kazakhstan (doh!), Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, and Russia.

E 59 through Russia, or W 59 through Brazil seem doable.

I worked out where mine would be and it is

This is just south of North Bay and I go there sometimes and will have to visit the spot if I can get near it.

I think I worked it right as I used the first 2 letters then the numbers 100 for 1 hundred and the next 2 letters??

Looking at the map it looks close to where my wife's family homesteaded and they still have land near there.

icon_wink.gif

gm100guy

http://members.rogers.com/gm100guy/cachepage.htm

I'm at 58 26.289N, 129 59.093W. Your coord (North) is in the area I work. Might take a week or two before I'm there next, but I'll get there eventually and send you a pic. If you have a map handy, I'll be on the Cassiar Hwy (Hwy 37 North) where it intersects your coord, just south of the Yukon/British Columbia border.

I appreciate your response and I don't mind to wait at all. Don't forget, you can also log this cache also, just by taking the picture. Again, thank you, and I'll be waiting.

later,

KYtrex

-----------------