Oh Canada

Guest 300mag

Guest 300mag

Hello Cliffy

I am happy to see you got a new gps.I think you will enjoy it.I would probably picked the same unit as you if i would buy another one.My gm 100 works VERY well.But it is a bit bulky and also takes twice as much batteries as those etrex.It also loves to munch on batteries.It's strong points are accuraty and especially extremely good signal reception.So this is what i needed most. icon_smile.gif ENJOY icon_smile.gif

Guest cliffy

Hi 300Mag!!!!! Good to be back in the swing of things.

Actually I took the new GPS out with me on my bundle route today. I was amazed at how fast it refreshes and receives. Even though the built in base map of Canada isn't that great it was still really neat to see my route plotted against the major city streets along with the additional data of how long I stopped/ average speed etc..... It even plotted my Tiny little trip thru the Burger King drive-thru in Vanier!.......lol Let's hope Canada Post never installs this kinda stuff in EVERY truck...shhhhhhh lol

(PS..... Finally got a chance to get my DZ license upgrade today!!!!!) Passed with flying colours! Woohoooooo

bfn, cliffy.

Guest 300mag

Hello Cliffy

Cool unit.It seems very complete.About the maps here in Canada we aren't too lucky.What is offered isn't all that great.Hopefully someday we will get more complete mapping software.Congrats on your class dz.I know you should be eager to try out your unit out there in geocaching land.The fly's are starting out.So bring some bug repellent icon_biggrin.gif

Have fun and don't get lost trying to figure out what button does what icon_biggrin.gif