Please stop sending me promotional messages about promotions not available in my area!

Once again Groundspeak has sent me an email, this time inviting me to apply for a Jack's Link trackable, for something they know I'm not eligible to get.

AND it now appears as a link on my dashboard.

Why is it that a company which talks about "the language of location" doesn't realise that Australia is not part of the USA?

Please, someone, work out how to not send this sort of stuff to people who don't qualify.  And work out how to not put the link on my dashboard.

\Rant

Edited by Gill & Tony
  • Upvote 4
  • Funny 1
  • Helpful 4
3 hours ago, Gill & Tony said:

Why is it that a company which talks about "the language of location" doesn't realise that Australia is not part of the USA?

It isn't? But didn't Tom Selleck make a western set in Australia back in the '90s? Australia has to be one of the western states, doesn't it?

;)

• Funny 2
  • Surprised 1
5 hours ago, niraD said:

It isn't? But didn't Tom Selleck make a western set in Australia back in the '90s? Australia has to be one of the western states, doesn't it?

;)

"Quigley Down Under"!

Aren't you being Westist by assuming the rest of the world knows who that is?

------------------

But seriously, Gill, I agree that there should be a mechanism to target messages like that, and 'regionally' would be a good option.

• Funny 2
On 6/22/2022 at 3:57 AM, Gill & Tony said:

Once again Groundspeak has sent me an email, this time inviting me to apply for a Jack's Link trackable, for something they know I'm not eligible to get.

AND it now appears as a link on my dashboard.

Please, someone, work out how to not send this sort of stuff to people who don't qualify.  And work out how to not put the link on my dashboard.

\Rant

My Team Cap'n once worked for a bank branch where the people up at the head office CONSTANTLY sent email messages to the entire corporate directory about their new fancy lunchroom, and the monthly raffle for employee parking spots, and who's bringing in pizza on Friday, and the workers who would be in next week to install new cubicles, and new computers, and "go ahead an leave early today" and "Bluejean Friday" (which the branches couldn't do).

Despite requests to STOP, it continued to foster bad feelings between the branch employees and the self-entitled, well-funded prima donnas up at HQ.

Feel your pain.

• Surprised 1
4 hours ago, barefootjeff said:

There are no ads in the right panel of my dashboard either, just the event calendar at the top. It's the link to the USA-only Great Jerky Hunt promotion in the left panel that's the issue.

I misunderstood. I thought you were referring to the profile page. I still use the old dashboard, so hadn't noticed this.

• Upvote 1