Jack Link's Quest for Cash

Max and 99

32 minutes ago, TeamRabbitRun said:

But, DON'T FILL IT OUT!!!

NO ONE should fill out this contest entry!

(because I want to win)

For you, I won't fill out the form.  Also for me, because I neither want a trackable I'm obligated to send out (which will just get lost) nor do I want beef jerky.

It's a win-win.  :-)

• Funny 1

yeah, how many will actually be released to the wild vs how many will just be kept for the Insta Snap Twit Tik postings?

I'm almost as bad.  Years ago I got one of the Geico geckos.  It traveled to a few caches, then sat in one for almost a year.  I went out, collected it, and it's been sitting on my desk ever since.  At least I did release it first.

• Helpful 1
36 minutes ago, Darwin473 said:

I'd happily apply for these promos, but I'm in Australia and therefore the promotion isn't open to me.

Though if someone wins one (and also wins the lottery to afford postage) they can send it down to me, I'm happy to drop it off into a cache here! 

The last two we received never left/made it out of the first cache.  Another left it's first cache after a year, then went "missing" weeks later.

It might be safer to move one there.  Worth a shot...   :)

1 hour ago, _dxd_ said:

yeah, how many will actually be released to the wild vs how many will just be kept for the Insta Snap Twit Tik postings?

I'm almost as bad.  Years ago I got one of the Geico geckos.  It traveled to a few caches, then sat in one for almost a year. 

I went out, collected it, and it's been sitting on my desk ever since.  At least I did release it first.

I think the one that bugged us most was seeing all the Michelin tire gauges on ebay...  

Even though we do all that's required, we haven't received one in a while now.  

One of my hobbies is picking up trash in the Greenway along the river.  The Greenway attracts many people.  Beer drinkers (I picked up five bags of beer cans/bottles today)  Homeless people.  People who just enjoy being there.  And poor/homeless people who get food from the food kitchen at the church across the street.  All of the food is donated.  Sometimes the people do not want it, and throw it in the garbage can.  I figure sealed containers of food from the garbage can is part of my reward for picking up the trash!  (And adds variety to my diet.)  Well, I've gotten two 18 gram bags of Jack Link's Beef Jerkey!  I guess someone is trying to tell me that I should have tried to get the travel bug!  

• Funny 1
11 hours ago, StarryNight44 said:

Has anyone else still not receive the Sasquatch trackable? I was notified I'd received one on July 7th and still haven't received mine. I entered in my mailing address into the contest correctly.

Mine came a few days after the 7th. Don't remember exactly when.

And, I've already retrieved another. It was just in a regular envelope - easy to dismiss if you get a lot of junk mail.

Edited by TeamRabbitRun
On 7/20/2022 at 8:56 PM, StarryNight44 said:

Has anyone else still not receive the Sasquatch trackable? I was notified I'd received one on July 7th and still haven't received mine. I entered in my mailing address into the contest correctly.

I'm still waiting, but the usps distribution a few counties away has been having issues, and had to be audited because they were so bad...

I'm in PA, these usually come from Seattle, so it should be a given Hayleyg got theirs so soon.

But TeamRabbitRun's in the NE too, so guess it'll get there when it does.    :)

ETA:  Got mine today, there's a new "hotel" in the area that doesn't have a history yet.  I'll pass for now.

Decided to send it to another, see if their area's any better for longevity.   :)

Edited by cerberus1

Still haven't received mine but I did get a response from Geocaching HQ and they told me to let them know if I still don't have my trackable by Wednesday. Also, I don't get a lot of mail and I look at all the mail I get everyday so there's no chance of me accidentally throwing it out. It just still hasn't arrived.

Thank you to those who responded

Edited by StarryNight44
  • Upvote 1

I received one back in the summer I guess, took it on a road trip north to Lake Superior, then placed it in my backyard geocache. It stayed there until last week, when I took it out for another road trip, this time to Florida. It currently has 3455 miles on it, still needs to travel back to Oklahoma. 

For some reason, it seems cachers don't grab many bugs out of my caches. They will discover them, but not move them along.

• Upvote 1