New feature for Will attends

Lennert1404

Hello

I organize events quite often, very cool! But I always 'annoy' myself that I don't know exactly how many people will attend. I ask to mention how many people are coming, but that doesn't always happen. I thought it might be a good idea to add a function so that you check the number of people when you place a will attend and this is then displayed in your log. This way the organizer can see at 1 glance how many people will be attending!

What do you think?

Edited by Lennert1404
  • Upvote 1
  • Funny 1
  • Helpful 3
3 hours ago, Lennert1404 said:

...I always 'annoy' myself that I don't know exactly how many people will attend. I ask to mention how many people are coming, but that doesn't always happen. I thought it might be a good idea to add a function so that you check the number of people when you place a will attend and this is then displayed in your log. This way the organizer can see at 1 glance how many people will be attending!

What do you think?

This is assuming that all people listed will show, right?     :)

EOs can't be sure all that logged the will attend will show, and we also see numerous "last minute" people show who didn't log a will attend.  

Do you turn them away because they didn't give a total?   Seems easier to just keep it the way it is... 

If seating is the issue, factor a few extra in.  I'd guess there'd have to be a box to fill in, my neighbor has nine kids.

20 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

This is assuming that all people listed will show, right?     :)

EOs can't be sure all that logged the will attend will show, and we also see numerous "last minute" people show who didn't log a will attend.  

Do you turn them away because they didn't give a total?   Seems easier to just keep it the way it is... 

If seating is the issue, factor a few extra in.  I'd guess there'd have to be a box to fill in, my neighbor has nine kids.

I certainly won't send them away, but logistically this can sometimes be really handy if we make our own provisions in terms of drinks and food so that we don't have to buy too much and can thus avoid waste.  

• Surprised 1

If I'm hosting an event with food or at a restaurant where a group reservation is necessary, I will ask people to RSVP with their will-attend by a certain date and in their log, mention their party size. This will give me a rough estimate of how many to plan for. I can't require an rsvp, but it's been rare for more than a few people to show up unannounced and I have yet to run out of food at a bbq event. Should the day arrive where it become a problem... well, it's first come, first served.

Edited by Mineral2