Caches in the Barrie Area

Team Grayrun

We'll be visiting our daughter and son-in-law in Barrie late next week. I'd like to do some caching if the weather's okay. I know about the Water Spout cache in Barrie, but I'm not sure what keywords to use to search for other caches in the Barrie area - say, within 30-40 km. Do any of you Ontario cachers have any suggestions. Thanks.

Gary of Team Grayrun

Take care of the land. Someday, you'll be part of it.

If you are looking for caches in any area, why not use the built in "nearby caches" link that is on every cache page.

Go the the cache you know about (C12B3), then clink on the nearby caches link on that page

Find...

...other caches hidden or found by this user

...nearby caches

...nearby placenames

Looks like there are 10 caches within 50km. Lucky you!

12077_700.gif

quote:
Originally posted by MrGigabyte:

If you are looking for caches in any area, why not use the built in "nearby caches" link that is on every cache page.

Go the the cache you know about (C12B3), then clink on the nearby caches link on that page

Gary when you do this keep in mind that any caches listed east of Barrie would require a long drive around the lake to get to them. Bending tree is a very good one and is about a 15 min drive to parking lot. Other then that you will have to come south towards Toronto.

If you have Microsoft's Streets & Trips I can email you (I think)a map file with all the Canadian caches.

Cheers, Olar

wavey.gif

quote:
Originally posted by MrGigabyte:

MrGigabyte --

All I can say is "Doh!, why didn't I think of that?" It's a feature I seldom use, so it didn't come to mind. Thanks for the suggestion.

Gary of Team Grayrun

quote:
Originally posted by Olar:

Gary when you do this keep in mind that any caches listed east of Barrie would require a long drive around the lake to get to them. Bending tree is a very good one and is about a 15 min drive to parking lot. Other then that you will have to come south towards Toronto.

If you have Microsoft's Streets & Trips I can email you (I think)a map file with all the Canadian caches.

Olar --

Yes, going around Lake Simcoe would cut into caching time, wouldn't it?

I will check out Burning Tree.

I don't have Streets and Trips installed on my PC, but I appreciate the offer. Thanks for your help.

Gary of Team Grayrun