SCUBA or Cliff cache in Ontario

Guest bad_karma

Guest bad_karma

hi...

Is anyone intrested in a SCUBA or Cliff cache in Ontario?? I personally would love to put one up....

What I mean by SCUBA cache is a cache underwater somewhere... I was thinking just off shore in one of the great lakes so a boat would not be required.... some enginunity would be required to be able to use your GPS, as in water proof it in a plastic bag, or dead reckon the location from shore but I think it would be a really intresting cache.... it would be a 5X5 I think.

With the Cliff cache, or rock climbing type cache, where you would be repelling or absieling down a cliff to a cache, would be great too... this wouldn't present the problems of water proofing as the SCUBA cache would and would be a great adventure too...

Obviously you need special equipment and in most cases training to retrieve these caches, and I guess what I am wondering is, is there anyone here that would want to, or be able to retrieve these.... I might put them there regardless but it would be nice to know there was an intrest.... Thanks guys....

Hello bad_karma,

As a scuba diver myself (although I haven't dived in Ontario yet), it could be interesting. But since it requires special skills, cacher might be very limited.

Same goes to cliff, but hope it's a bit more accessible than scuba. And I hope I don't have to do that in winter! :-)

By the way, the cache owner should check the cache once in a while, which might not be easy for scuba....

Maximus for the container nothing waterproof would be usefull.Since the cache is underwater leave it there.Only had some things that wouldn't be dammaged by water.Like fishing lures,key chains, etc...I suggest a cage of somekind.I also am a diver.In my area there are many great underwater sites like caves wrecks etc.Hopefully a fishermen wont retreive it. icon_smile.gif

I am still waiting for the day when i see a mermaid.A geocaching one icon_biggrin.gif

Maximus for the container nothing waterproof would be usefull.Since the cache is underwater leave it there.Only had some things that wouldn't be dammaged by water.Like fishing lures,key chains, etc...I suggest a cage of somekind.I also am a diver.In my area there are many great underwater sites like caves wrecks etc.Hopefully a fishermen wont retreive it. icon_smile.gif

I am still waiting for the day when i see a mermaid.A geocaching one icon_biggrin.gif

There would be plenty of places to set up a cache for water or cliffs, or both. With miles and miles of escarpment, hiding places are endless. Rattlesnake probably gets too much traffic, but anywhere else would work fine. Howbout a multi on the Bruce with part underwater and part on the cliff. Kilarny would be another great location.