How can I retreive my tyrackable from my own cache?

N6HE

Hi, I’m Ray N6HE and I have a major problem.

Background, I bought 8 travelbugs and will be taking them to Europe in September. I thought I would help get some miles on them by dropping them into a cache that I own close to my house then retrieving them, then taking them to Europe and dropping them in a cache there. So I dropped (on my computer, not physically) eight travel bugs into my local cache (that I own)(View Down the Coast GC8FTZ0) and went to retrieve them and now I find out that I can only “visit” them. Ouch.

Somehow, in this process, another 4 other travel bugs that I have in my physical possession somehow got dropped into that cache (per the website) also. >>>??<<<

So how can I bring these 12 ( 8 + 4 ) travel bugs back into my inventory? They’re not in the cache and I can’t seem to retrieve them ….

Thanks, Ray  N6HE

30 minutes ago, N6HE said:

Hi, I’m Ray N6HE and I have a major problem.

Background, I bought 8 travelbugs and will be taking them to Europe in September. I thought I would help get some miles on them by dropping them into a cache that I own close to my house then retrieving them, then taking them to Europe and dropping them in a cache there. So I dropped (on my computer, not physically) eight travel bugs into my local cache (that I own)(View Down the Coast GC8FTZ0) and went to retrieve them and now I find out that I can only “visit” them. Ouch.

Somehow, in this process, another 4 other travel bugs that I have in my physical possession somehow got dropped into that cache (per the website) also. >>>??<<<

So how can I bring these 12 ( 8 + 4 ) travel bugs back into my inventory? They’re not in the cache and I can’t seem to retrieve them ….

Thanks, Ray  N6HE

Are they marked as Collectible?

From your link:

Move a trackable to your collection

1. On the trackable details page, select Edit This Trackable.
  2. Check the box Make this Trackable collectable.
  3. Select Submit Changes.
  4. Move the trackable to your collection:
    • From the trackable details page: Select Move To Collection under “Actions”.
    • From your Inventory: Select Move To Collection.

Move a trackable out of your collection

• From your Collection: Select Move to Inventory.
  • From the trackable details page: Select Move To Inventory under “Actions”.

If you set a trackable status as collectible, another geocacher can grab it and move it into their own Collection. If you want the trackable to move, set the status to non-collectible.

Sooooo, I edit them to collectable, I will get a choice under "actions" to move to my collection, then move out of my collection to my inventory. Yes?  Sorry if I seem dense, but I've never dealt with collectables...

Thank you so much,

Ray 

1 hour ago, N6HE said:

went to retrieve them and now I find out that I can only “visit” them. Ouch.

If you can log a cache Visit of a Trackable item, it’s in your Inventory.  That is, not in a cache.  And not in a Collection.

Would you mind posting an example of a problem Trackable?  The public reference number is fine, no private Tracking Code.  

And the cache info.

Edited by kunarion

OK - all's well here now. I was trying to do the retrieval of a travel bug from submitting a new log on the cache page. When I went to do a new log on the travel bug page, it gave me the option to retrieve a trackable. So all is well, and I thank you so much for helping me. I'm a happy camper! Thanks again.....

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 2