Legend Question

SkydiverBC

I asked in another forum, but nobody seems to have any info so I will try here. How do you find the "Time" associated with your recorded track? For example, lets say I was hiking in a straight line, at a big tree I turned north and continued hiking. How do I find out what time it was when I was at the tree? Or how long it took from the start to the tree? Is this possible?

I want to die like my grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

I don't own a Venture so I don't know if you can do this on the unit but I do know that it can be done if you download the track to your PC.

I use TrackMaker which is a free download from http://www.gpstm.com. Once you've downloaded the track any track segment can be selected and info about displayed including length, avg speed and time stamp.

Hope this helps icon_razz.gif

I don't own a Venture so I don't know if you can do this on the unit but I do know that it can be done if you download the track to your PC.

I use TrackMaker which is a free download from http://www.gpstm.com. Once you've downloaded the track any track segment can be selected and info about displayed including length, avg speed and time stamp.

Hope this helps icon_razz.gif

If you save the log in your gps, then download it, it will be 'cleaned' by the gps, often removing the timestamps and altitude readings.

Leaving the track in the active log is the best way to go.

At least, I've observed this using an E-Trex and and E-Trex Venture.

quote:
Originally posted by The Ex-Pierceys Adventure League:

If you save the log in your gps, then download it, it will be 'cleaned' by the gps, often removing the timestamps and altitude readings.

Leaving the track in the active log is the best way to go.

At least, I've observed this using an E-Trex and and E-Trex Venture.

Same thing with the Legend. Only the active track contains time / date stamp and separation between individual track section.

To analise track / speed (colour display of various speeds) / time stamp / altitude you may want to try TTQV. It's free to test for 24 days. Download from www.canadianmaps.ca

Andrew Kalinowski

www.GPSNuts.com Recreational GPS and mapping (hobby)

www.CanadianMaps.ca Raster topo (and some other) maps