User fees

Guest lemur

Guest TJWilson

I think that as soon as I get my computer paid off and can sweet talk my mom into letting me use her credit card, I'm paying it.

------------------

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Guest mrgigabyte

You are really talking close to $60 CDN if you use PayPal. Since we are outside of the US, there is an international transaction fee associated with each PayPal payment. Plus, there is zero protection afforded to purchasers if you are not from the US.

Guest TJWilson

paypal? I've heard of it but always thought of it as another scam device used to steam peoples money. *surugs* I'jj just get Mom to write me a cheque (after I give her the money) and send it to the snail mail addy.

------------------

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

We will also be paying AU$60 for the subscription....not a hell of a lot but not cheap either. I think from the US perspective its very good....not so from here. icon_smile.gif

------------------

It's out there...let's go get it!

We will also be paying AU$60 for the subscription....not a hell of a lot but not cheap either. I think from the US perspective its very good....not so from here. icon_smile.gif

------------------

It's out there...let's go get it!

Guest nodrog

Well, I just went through the process of setting up a PayPal account in order to pay for my "Charter Membership". The additional cost for an international transaction is 2.6% of the value plus $0.30, for a total of $1.14. Total price of $31.14 US or almost exactly $50 Cdn at current exchange rates.

My reasons for doing it are largely similar to those echoed on the thread in the General discussion area - geocaching has provided me with tremendous enjoyment and I believe that Jeremy is entitled to some compensation for all the time, effort and cost that he has incurred to create this great site.