Copy isn't allowed?

Last week I posted this waymark: ( https://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/wm167Z3_LEGO_maquette_Hortus_Floriade_Almere_the_Netherlands ) in both the lego models and 3d map models categories. The same reviewer reviewed both, approved the lego model and declined the 3d map models twice because it is a copy of the lego model...

I made sure the waymark fits both categories restictions and rules and i would like to post it in 3d map models because I don't have a post in that  category yet. Am i doing something illegal? I see copied waymarks all the time and posted them often without argument about it.

Cross-posting has always been an integral part of Waymarking and no problem for most of us. But there is a very small minority that does not like it and try to discourage it whenever they can. Sometimes this is backed by (their own) category description, sometimes they cross the border without noticing it.

I did not check the details. Is it worth a fight?

Usually cross-posting is fine.

22 hours ago, PISA-caching said:

I also do a lot of cross-posting. Depending on what categories are involved, the two WMs might be a complete copy, f.e. "This Old Church" and "Roman Catholic Churches". But there will be different default photos and (more or less) different text, if the categories are more different, f.e. see Waymark Search Results (Waymarking.com)

Part of the fun - for me - is seeing if a Waymark fits into more than one category.

I try to use a different default photo, doesn't always work though!

shakie threesom.png

sundial.png

post box.png

Edited by Bear and Ragged