Submitting a New Cache

MeanderingMs

We now have over 3,700 caches so thought it was time to give back to the community and hide some ourselves.  I have read and understand the guide lines however, I am at a loss as to how to fill out a cache page.  Is there a form to fill in or where do I find a template for it ?  Thanks for the help !

Edited by MeanderingMs
spacing wasn't used.
11 minutes ago, MeanderingMs said:

We now have over 3,700 caches so thought it was time to give back to the community and hide some ourselves.  I have read and understand the guide lines however, I am at a loss as to how to fill out a cache page.  Is there a form to fill in or where do I find a template for it ?  Thanks for the help !

Click on "play" then Hide a Geocache.

Geocaching page Play.png

• Helpful 1
1 hour ago, MeanderingMs said:

Fortunately you've found lots of mystery and multicaches, so you have the advantage of understanding why those final locations aren't on the map when you submit a new cache.

36 minutes ago, MeanderingMs said:

I have read all the information on hiding a cache.  I just do not know how to start writing one up to send.  Is there a form to follow on here ?

Yes. See my post.

And in the Help Center link that Barefootjeff recommended and you said you read, there's a link to the form.

Screenshot_20220528-110247.png

Edited by Max and 99
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
6 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

Yes. See my post.

And in the Help Center link that Barefootjeff recommended and you said you read, there's a link to the form.

Just in case it's not clear enough yet, from the top menu bar on the geocaching website, click on Play and then Hide a geocache from the drop-down menu:

image.png.92e1ed1eb601e55db20f67631c76fa83.png

Then, once you've looked through the other stuff on that page, the Hide a cache button is on the right about half way down:

image.png.15d2d480fc474239e78ff788043e570e.png