iPhone geocaching app

Hope this will make sense lol. When I choose a cache that I want to navigate to. My iPhone will show where I am and where on the map the geocache is located. But as I navigate, the navigation shows me going DOWN towards the cache. I’d like it to show the navigation going UP to the cache,  not down. In other words, it would be much easier to follow the path going toward the cache if the phone had to be turned upside down in order for destination to be followed. Clear as mud? Anyone know what I’m talking about?  

Edited by Cissy PSP
Misspelled word
  • Funny 1
  • Helpful 1
1 hour ago, Cissy PSP said:

Hope this will make sense lol. When I choose a cache that I want to navigate to. My iPhone will show where I am and where on the map the geocache is located. But as I navigate, the navigation shows me going DOWN towards the cache. I’d like it to show the navigation going UP to the cache,  not down. In other words, it would be much easier to follow the path going toward the cache if the phone had to be turned upside down in order for destination to be followed. Clear as mud? Anyone know what I’m talking about?  

Is it the same with the compass screen?  Or just the cache map?  The navigation map to the cache?

There was an iphone compass problem that might also have affected maps, but recent updates seem to have fixed it.  Do you have an old iphone that won't update?

If you mean it's only the map, have you tried changing the map from "North Up" to "Track Up"?  Tap the circle "compass" icon a couple times to switch map modes, and the whole map can turn with you as you go.

IMG_6232.jpg

Edited by kunarion
  • Helpful 1
13 minutes ago, kunarion said:

Is it the same with the compass screen?  Or just the cache map?  The navigation map to the cache?

There was an iphone compass problem that might also have affected maps, but recent updates seem to have fixed it.  Do you have an old iphone that won't update?

If you mean it's only the map, have you tried changing the map from "North Up" to "Track Up"?  Tap the circle "compass" icon a couple times to switch map modes, and the whole map can turn with you as you go.

IMG_6232.jpg

Thank you very much! I couldn’t remember where the true north setting was. Now I know. I was pretty much meaning that when I’m driving to an area towards the cache my car goes in a down direction instead of an up. So I’m going to mess with that icon you told me about or rather you showed me and I’ll take it from there. My iPhone is fairly new it is an XR. My old iPhone had the same problem but I think that should square it with me. Thank you so much! 

Edited by Cissy PSP
Misspelled
  • Helpful 1

I have iOS 12.5.5 without the possibility of another upgrade.
When I download the latest compatible version (for iOS 12) from the AppStore, the app crashes immediately after launch.
How do I handle this?
The new device is out of the question.

6 hours ago, I3oris said:

I have iOS 12.5.5 without the possibility of another upgrade.
When I download the latest compatible version (for iOS 12) from the AppStore, the app crashes immediately after launch.
How do I handle this?
The new device is out of the question.

Have you tried turning the iphone completely off and restarting?

If you don't keep upgrading to somewhat new phone hardware, lots of Apps begin to stop working, not just Geocaching.

Find a decent used handheld GPS that has "paperless Geocaching", for cheap.
Or an older used Android phone for even less, to use just for Geocaching.  Data subscription or not.
Or install the Cachly App for iphone.  It runs on IOS 10.  Or try other Geocaching Apps.
Or try "GPS" devices or Apps that work with coordinates, in concert with the web site.
Or save up for an older used iphone that runs the latest Apps.  I bought my iphone 8 when iphone 12 came out.  Mine runs the App just fine.
Lots of possibilities.  :P

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1