GeoQuilt Volunteer Map

MajBach

Hey! This looks great.......I wish I was more computer literate....but then I wouldn't have time to quilt........

All the blocks are sewn and now I just have to mark them.......I'm glad that I spent the time sewing when I did because now the weather is great and I can at least mark the squares while I sit outside......

This map is really great!! Now I can visuallize where everything is going!! Thanks Majbach!

Does anyone know of a there are any tea towels with a Canadian map on them? I have used Irish tea towels and put them on the back of other quilts that I've made......It might be a nice touch for thie quilt as well

Dx

"Have you no news on your travels?" the Book of fairy & folk tales of Ireland (1888)

A few people I e-mailed direcing them to the quilt thread replied to me directly. Problem is, they didn't use their username on Groundspeak, so I cannot figure out who they are. If you are reading this, post your info here (or e-mail me again with more info) and I can update the mape and pass on the info to Mag and Cliffy.

I rec'd e-mail from:

Rick and Judy,

mte@shaw.ca (but when I replied to this, it was returned), and

'Mike'

MajBach

April 22: PDOPs (aka Mike) has been added to the map. He will be taking care of Jasper area.

[This message was edited by MajBach on April 22, 2002 at 08:10 PM.]

I've removed all of the city maps (to save some bandwidth) and replaced them with links.

If I've left anyone out or made any errors, be sure to let me know. Keep the e-mail comin' so I can mark the loactions of caches containing squares.

Now if the weather would only improve here, I could get out myself and place some!

One other F.Y.I.:

Senators are goin' DOWN! icon_mad.gif

MajBach

You can't have everything,where would you put it?

1compass.gif

I've removed all of the city maps (to save some bandwidth) and replaced them with links.

If I've left anyone out or made any errors, be sure to let me know. Keep the e-mail comin' so I can mark the loactions of caches containing squares.

Now if the weather would only improve here, I could get out myself and place some!

One other F.Y.I.:

Senators are goin' DOWN! icon_mad.gif

MajBach

1compass.gif

I've changed the first map so it shows only the volunteers and added a second map that shows caches containing squares. It has a less cluttered appearance I feel.

The links for small scale city maps have also been updated if there are now caches containing sqaures for those areas. These links also display non quilt caches (blue). Caches containing squares are red with the corresponding GC number for quick searches.

Does anyone read these?

It's been such a bummer weekend. To cold to even plant my garden, let alone go for a boat ride.

MajBach

1compass.gif

Hey the Map looks great!!

Fearless and I spent the past few days figuring out where our summer vacation will be. We had decided a while ago to visit the area we lived in right after we were married...Toledo, OH. But where else.

Well decided to go from Akron, NY to London then over to Detroit, cleveland and home.

Any caches with quilt squares in them near London?

Just thought it would be neat to sign one on the trails!!

Dx

"Have you no news on your travels?" the Book of fairy & folk tales of Ireland (1888)

quote:
Originally posted by cliffy:

Hi MajBach,

Just noticed another you can add to the map:

Thanks for letting me know. I just realized I haven't even included the one I placed in St. Cat's on the links above - duh!

I'll update them in the morning as I just placed another cache tonight for the quilt project for the Guelph/Cambridge area. I don't know how response has been for others, but I could use another packet of quilt squares if there are any. Still planning on geting over to the London area and Barrie too but I only have 4 squares left.

MajBach

1compass.gif

WOW! Way to go MajBach! I'll ship you out another pack of 10 this week......Hopefully you'll get them in time for the weekendicon_smile.gif

Cheers, cliffyicon_smile.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------

sig.jpg

"Whad'ya mean you didn't save the location of the truck?..EEEK!!!..."

WOW! Way to go MajBach! I'll ship you out another pack of 10 this week......Hopefully you'll get them in time for the weekend:)

Cheers, cliffy:)

-----------------------------------------------------------

sig.jpg

"Whad'ya mean you didn't save the location of the truck?..EEEK!!!..."

Somehow the Yukon cache snuck in the without me catching it; it's on the map now. Also have noticed that S. Ontario (i.e. Toronto) has the largest concentration of Geocachers and hence has rec'd it share of 40 squares. Why has there been only one cache for this area placed so far? Is this project losing momentum or have I missed some caches containing squares?

MajBach

1compass.gif