Cache Pages for PDA's

Guest Olar

Any Toronto area Geocachers out there that have a PDA (Palm OS), there happens to be a website set up by geocacher, blcearce, that you can channel to with Avantgo softwear that lists approx. 100 caches within a radius of Toronto. It is designed so that you download to your Palm, cache page info in a format that is designed for the small screen. It sure saves having print-outs of every cache with you particularly at times when you may be near a cache but had not planned to hunt for it and do not have info with you. You can access the site at: http://www.pathetique.com/geocaching

Click on the Toronto index and see the listing of caches and the sorting options.

I'm using it now if anyone wants any further info.

Cheers, Olar

[This message has been edited by Olar (edited 05 January 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Olar (edited 05 January 2002).]

No. I haven't seen anything like that. I've used my PDQ (Qualcomm phone/palm) to dial in and double check a cache page. Unfortunatly the pages are pretty ugly in a plam web browser!

I've submitted a request for WAP capability but I doubt we'll see that anytime soon. I'd even pay for WAP capability if I had a wap phone still!

I use MS Streets and Trips (See servman's posting) which has a Pocket PC module. I'd like to get ahold of some older pocket PC that will run the MS Streets and Trips version to take on GC adventures!

As for a palm app... I'm not sure what is out there unless you want to spend $150 on the fugawi suite which does a hell of a lot of stuff uncluding a pretty neat and complete palm app.