Can't Update Coordinates

ColoradoRoberts

I am trying to update the coordinates on my geocache, but it won't let me because they are too close to the original coordinates. It says I can't submit the same coordinates as the current ones, even though I have changed the decimal values. The current coordinates show the cache on the wrong side of the sidewalk, so I want to fine tune them to the correct side. Is there a way to do this?

On 5/21/2022 at 8:20 PM, ColoradoRoberts said:

I am trying to update the coordinates on my geocache, but it won't let me because they are too close to the original coordinates. It says I can't submit the same coordinates as the current ones, even though I have changed the decimal values. The current coordinates show the cache on the wrong side of the sidewalk, so I want to fine tune them to the correct side. Is there a way to do this?

I just tested this, changing a .046 to .047 without any problems.  I suggest trying it again, and if it still doesn't work, contact your reviewer. When changing it, be sure you are using the Update coordinates log under Admin Tools.

The current cache coords load into the boxes on the update coords page. You must EDIT them.

If it's telling you that you can't change to "no change", mostly likely, you haven't actually edited those  coords.  Make the change in the decimal minutes and write something in the box below, then Submit

Image below is the Update Coords log page for a cache of mine. Coords in the boxes are the current coords. Put your cursor in the box and edit!

update.jpg