How do I report a geocacher who is being rude & vandalising caches?

This one I would hope, would have a definite answer somewhere.  A few years ago, I went to my birthplace, Newmarket, to do a spot of caching.  I did 5 specific caches, GC81QBD, GC67166, GC81Q9M, GC6JKH2 and GC5MEMT.   Today as I was planning my next adventure, I thought I'd see how some of those caches had fared since I found them.

I found 4 of the 5 had been visited by a very recently joined cacher (April 23rd, 2022), called cppta.  Their logs leave a lot to be desired, with them describing one of the caches as "pretty sh*t"  (GC5MEMT) and simply putting "chucked" on another (GC81QBD), suggesting they've muggled it. 

Now I don't normally kick up about things, but as someone who has had their caches muggled before, this boils my p***.   Would anyone know how to report a cacher like this, and what you can do about them? 

For the record, I will be pm'ing the CO of the one described as chucked by this cacher, in case it's actually missing and they haven't seen the log.   

Anything else I can do?

Thanks!

Edited by SoHotImCool
Typo

You kind of just did, but you may look under Help. You might contact the Reviewer in your area using the email contact path, explain what you did here and hope .

I am not sure if they can block the cacher effectively, they could open another cache name and use that. Another option but a too bit late is to make them Premium.

Hopefully the cacher will get tired of playing gamers and go somewhere else. Sorry  to hear.

Edited by Jayeffel
  • Helpful 1
Just now, Jayeffel said:

You kind of just did, but you may look under Help. You might contact the Reviewer in your area using the email contact path, explain what you did here and hope .

I am not sure if they can block the cacher effectively, they could open another cache name and use that. Another option but a too bit late is to make them Premium.

Hopefully the cacher will get tired of playing gamers and go somewhere else. Sorry  to hear.

Thanks.  I have PM'd the CO of the cache which was described as chucked, and they're going to go out and check it when they get the chance.  It's a shame that people can't let others get on with a simple hobby in peace, without destroying other people's hard work and behaving like a dick.