Feature Request; Allow an icon change to set apart caches I specifically want to find

AlmondEyes

I’d like to be able to change the icon of a cache on the map to a red heart or something that would stick out if it’s a cache I definitely want to find.  Sometimes I’m perusing through the descriptions and find one that peaks my interest but I can’t just head out there at that moment to find.  I want to be able to mark caches so they stand out on my map making them easier to spot.

• Upvote 1

Marty,  Ok, that’s one way to work around it, so thank you for the suggestion.  I can only do that via the app; don’t see a way to edit or add way points to a write up on the website.  I use the website to do reading since it’s tons easier.  I did a test with what you said and it immediate showed on my map as this icon.   If this is something you do, how do you remember what you changed and what it was originally for when you do head out for those caches?

Canary, Yes, I can create a new list and add them to that.  But they wouldn’t just show on my map as being ones I really want to not forget to go after.  I’m looking for a blatant icon I can change particular caches to so they’d stand out when I’m viewing the map of all caches.

20 minutes ago, AlmondEyes said:

Canary, Yes, I can create a new list and add them to that.  But they wouldn’t just show on my map as being ones I really want to not forget to go after.  I’m looking for a blatant icon I can change particular caches to so they’d stand out when I’m viewing the map of all caches.

I believe that if you create a list, you can click on that list in the app and there is a map icon. If you select the map icon, it will filter out any cache that is not on the list and just show the caches on your list on the map. 

1 hour ago, AlmondEyes said:

Marty,  Ok, that’s one way to work around it, so thank you for the suggestion.  I can only do that via the app; don’t see a way to edit or add way points to a write up on the website.  I use the website to do reading since it’s tons easier.  I did a test with what you said and it immediate showed on my map as this icon.   If this is something you do, how do you remember what you changed and what it was originally for when you do head out for those caches?

On the website, there is a pencil icon next to the coordinates - use that to edit them.  If they are simply traditionals, then use the same coordinates, no need to remember the original, as they are the same.

Also, once you log the cache as found, it will show as a smilie face at the original posted coordinates.

image.png.8bca8b93c4a7a5abc0a2d68c4c5e924a.png

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
6 hours ago, AlmondEyes said:

I can only do that via the app; don’t see a way to edit or add way points to a write up on the website.  I use the website to do reading since it’s tons easier.  I did a test with what you said and it immediate showed on my map as this icon.   If this is something you do, how do you remember what you changed and what it was originally for when you do head out for those caches?

Follow what CAVinoGal said for updating them on the website. FWIW this isn't really something I do, the only time I edit the co-ords is when I've solved a puzzle and want to update it to the solved co-ords, or  for challenge caches which I've qualified for to distinguish them for challenges I haven't qualified for,  but that's about it. If I wanted to remember why a cache was particularly interesting I'd add a personal note to the cache page, but again it's not really something I do.

9 hours ago, AlmondEyes said:

Use that List only on the Map in the app. Then they are the only icons. Why do you want to see the others?