Need help with Crusso's "Where's in a Name?" cache - Fredericton, NB area

Moun10Bike

Hi all,

I'm looking for someone in the Fredericton, NB area to help me with Crusso's "Where's in a Name?" cache.

Using the rules in the cache description, my username, "Moun10Bike," ends up converting to 66° 43.102'. Taking that as west longitude, this puts my "target line" just about right through Fredericton.

Let me know if this is close to you and you are willing to help me out.

Thanks!

24_700.gif

[This message was edited by Moun10Bike on March 20, 2002 at 02:50 PM.]

your where's in a name coordinates went right through the Geomatics and Geodesy Engineering Department at the University of New Brunswick in Fredericton! I graduated from the program in '92 and know there are more than a few GPS receivers kicking around including a differential station on the roof. Prof. Richard Langley or Prof. David Wells do a lot of GPS research and it would be neat if they were geocachers too.

I see that there are a few caches placed in the Fredericton area so you should get a quick response. Maybe from a student who could "borrow" a GPSr to do some "research"![;)]

-Donna G.

-I envy those who travel the world, and those who are content where they are.

your where's in a name coordinates went right through the Geomatics and Geodesy Engineering Department at the University of New Brunswick in Fredericton! I graduated from the program in '92 and know there are more than a few GPS receivers kicking around including a differential station on the roof. Prof. Richard Langley or Prof. David Wells do a lot of GPS research and it would be neat if they were geocachers too.

I see that there are a few caches placed in the Fredericton area so you should get a quick response. Maybe from a student who could "borrow" a GPSr to do some "research"![icon_wink.gif]

-Donna G.

-I envy those who travel the world, and those who are content where they are.

You should contact the cacher "MadGPS". He co-found my "Where's in a Name" log. He is from NB and an expert with this particular cache.

My login worded out to a longitude that fell exactly through an existing cache that he had hidden. He has also helped out MrPlow and at least one other cacher as well. on the same cache

It is so strange that so many cacher's logins translate to almost the same general longitude. Moun10Bike's makes the 4th that I know of that have tried the cache.

12077_500.gif

I just realized that I forgot to divide the minutes in two (since the value I get with my alias works out to a value greater than 60). The proper value is 66° 43.102', and I have edited my original post to show that. I used the proper value when plotting the line, though, so my target is still right through Fredericton.

I'll try MadGPS and see if he can give me a hand!

24_700.gif