Event log date

KRON family

Hi,

Gigaevent and Maze will take place in Prague from Friday to Sunday.

Because only one day can be writen in listing, it is Saturday. But a few hundred people are going to Gigaevent on Friday (only day with free entrance), and many players are going to have "most geocache types found in one day" on Sunday.

I would like to know if it is true that:

- none of Friday's participants can log their Attend - only Write Note will be available

- no one will get a cache type record on Sunday, because their Attend logs date will be automatically changed to Saturday

Thank you

Thanks for verifying my assumptions.

And wouldn't it be possible to program an exception for this multi-day event? I think it is illogical that on Friday it will be possible to write only WN, and then the date itself will change to Saturday, even though on Saturday one could have been somewhere else. Especially when it is a long-planned multi-day event, especially when this protection feature was intended to help players with an incorrect date entered by mistake.

I'm afraid the current situation would result in swearing at the system after the weekend, which would certainly not be good.

Thanks for understanding. 

23 hours ago, Bl4ckH4wkGER said:

It used to be possible and caused a lot more issues with logs, souvenirs, stats etc. than it helped. Hence the current limitation to the official Event date as listed.

There are currently no plans to revisit this.

Quick follow up question: if an event is planned for multiple days, should the owners be creating one event for each day? 

1 hour ago, GeoElmo6000 said:

Quick follow up question: if an event is planned for multiple days, should the owners be creating one event for each day? 

The Event stacking guidelines are pretty clear on this:

Event stacking

Submit events as one single event if your event has one of the following

• Several elements
  • A sequence of events
  • Events that are near the same time or location
  • Intended for the same audience

Additional waypoints may be added to the Event Cache page for the locations of event activities.

17 hours ago, Bl4ckH4wkGER said:

The Event stacking guidelines are pretty clear on this:

Event stacking

Submit events as one single event if your event has one of the following

• Several elements
  • A sequence of events
  • Events that are near the same time or location
  • Intended for the same audience

Additional waypoints may be added to the Event Cache page for the locations of event activities.

I'm still confused, sorry.  The OP was talking about an event that spans three days and noting how the event shows up as just one of those days.  So can the event owner create three events, a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday event, without it being event stacking?  I always assumed event stacking was referring to a single day.

I'd think a three day event could legitimately be considered three events if geocaching's rule for an event is a single day.

18 minutes ago, GeoElmo6000 said:

The OP was talking about an event that spans three days and noting how the event shows up as just one of those days.

Mega Events have and always have had one day where the main Event takes place. Everything else around it are side Events and activities. Whether they are mentioned on the main page does not change anything about that.

Please read the Mega-Event guidelines here, specifically the ones about side Events.

So can the event owner create three events, a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday event, without it being event stacking?

See the above.

I always assumed event stacking was referring to a single day.

If you reread the Event stacking guidelines I referenced above, you will see that there are more parameters that are considered

I'd think a three day event could legitimately be considered three events if geocaching's rule for an event is a single day.

You are overgeneralizing. Not all Events are created equal, i.e Mega Events have different guidelines than regular Events, than CITOs, than Community Celebration Events etc.

• Helpful 1
On 5/12/2022 at 6:26 PM, Bl4ckH4wkGER said:

Mega Events have and always have had one day where the main Event takes place. Everything else around it are side Events and activities. Whether they are mentioned on the main page does not change anything about that.

Please read the Mega-Event guidelines here, specifically the ones about side Events.

See the above.

If you reread the Event stacking guidelines I referenced above, you will see that there are more parameters that are considered

You are overgeneralizing. Not all Events are created equal, i.e Mega Events have different guidelines than regular Events, than CITOs, than Community Celebration Events etc.

I am confused about the lack of opportunity to log the GPS Maze Exhibit GC7WWW0 on the date I was there (May 15, 2022).

Your side-event guidelines (3.9) say: ”Mega/Giga-Event committees may host one additional event on the same main day of the Mega/Giga-Event”. That additional event must be the Community Celebration Event Prague GC8HMX9.

The GPS Maze Exhibit GC7WWW0 is not registered as en event. There is a Hidden Date, - not an Event Date, no Ad To Calender-funktion and no Start Time and End Time. In fact a GPS Maze cache might be available for several days, weeks or even months (Examples: GPS Maze Adventures 2022 - France GC80101, July 13 through July 17, 2022, and GPS Adventures Maze Exhibit - Wildlife Experience GC42F2J by Groundspeak,  February 9, 2013 through May 27, 2013).

In my opinion it does not make sense to lock the log-date, so, please, open up.

• Upvote 1

A possible future project modify the CSP for Maze  permitting logging over several days, as typically now, The Maze is available over several days. Another way to handle it would be to allow date modification on the logging page.   Though either way,  I suspect the effort may be large, relative to the benefit.

• Upvote 2

Me and my friend did some testing and if you manage to log event with not corresponding date, for example with third party apps like locus, the system will automatic changes the date to the "correct" one. 

But some found out you can later edit that log and change the date with inspect tool, this way it will change the date to whatever you want.

Hope this is useful :)