Personal geocache "List".

49 minutes ago, GC_LostNFound said:

Is there a limit to how many caches you can have in a single "List"? I have over 900 in one "List" name and I can't add any more. The list name is grayed out.

From the Help Center:

4.3. Lists

Premium members can create up to 100 Lists (maximum 1000 caches per List)

• Helpful 1

I am having trouble creating lists, where I never had difficulty before. Even though I add as many as 800-950 caches to a particular list, the list I then create only contains 50, 100, or 200 caches, the number coinciding to the "Show 50", "Show 100", or "Show 200", options given on the drop-down menu that may be open when I am creating the list. Have I unknowingly set up some sort of limit on the lists I am trying to create, all of which exceed 200? Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

2 minutes ago, MartyWalker1 said:

I am having trouble creating lists, where I never had difficulty before. Even though I add as many as 800-950 caches to a particular list, the list I then create only contains 50, 100, or 200 caches, the number coinciding to the "Show 50", "Show 100", or "Show 200", options given on the drop-down menu that may be open when I am creating the list. Have I unknowingly set up some sort of limit on the lists I am trying to create, all of which exceed 200? Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

There's no page 2?

Just the one page?

No, there is no page two. Has there been a change to how lists are made and then saved in the last 12-15 months? Unfortunately, I have been inactive because of health issues. Now, when I signed in to my account ready to go again, I found the "search" and "list making" procedures were much changed. For example, even when I have more than 750 caches that I want to add to a list, I can only add a maximum of 750 via an "Add 750 to list" button. Also, the procedure (for me at least) now seems very convoluted requiring me to first fool around with the "Map these geocaches" function, and then find an obscure line under the box where I had entered the postal code on the left side of the computer screen (the map is on the right). That line says something to the effect "Sort by distance (Near Far) at the end of which is a box that I must then select. Once I do that it gives me the above noted button "Add 750 to List"    This procedure is all new to me, and much more bother, work, and time consuming than previously, when I could just set up my search parameters and filters until my search got me slightly more than a 1000 caches. After that I could easily (and simply) make my list. Then I could relatively quickly download the list to my GPS and I was good to go. This new procedure is very cumbersome and very time consuming compared to what I was doing before. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong, or why I am being limited to 750 caches when the limit for premium members is 1000. If this is the new way of doing things, I must be missing something, or not taking the right steps. If it were possible, I would like to get back the "old" (and much simpler) way of doing searches and lists. Needless to say, I would be very grateful for any assistance someone on this forum might be able to provide. Thanks, MartyWalker1. 

Screenshot#1-Pic.png

5 hours ago, MartyWalker1 said:

This was reported in the Enhanced Search release notes thread, with a lackey response in mid February saying they were working on fixing it. It seems that hasn't happened yet...

image.png.85db32fd12000ad41434c58f2fad22d1.png

• Upvote 1

barefootjeff:  Thank you for your response. I assume from what is happening to me that the current list-limit is 750 caches per list. Do you have any ideas or info about my other issue concerning the contortions I now have to go through to create a new list, as opposed to the "old", and much simpler procedure (at least for me) of 15 +/- months ago?

Thanks again,

MartyWalker1

HHL: You are having more success with your Swedish lists, than I do with my Alberta and Saskatchewan lists. I note that your last four are all over the maximum of 750 caches to which I now appear to be limited. That is, my button "Add 750 to list" never goes higher than 750. I have tried several times with lists of 850 or more, and 750 is the maximum that I can add.

Also, I have now worked out the process of creating lists from the search map which is a little trickier than I remember it being before. For example, before I figured out the process, when I had my map set to show only 50 caches at a time, (or 100 or 200), then, until I worked out the correct procedure, when I tried to add the geocaches I wanted to a list, my list would only contain 50, or 100, or 200, depending on what setting I was using for the number of caches to be shown on my map at the time I made the list. I have now worked out the crucial need to select the "Sort by" box on the upper left side of the screen beside the map.  When I do that, I get the "Add 750 to list" box.

Now that I have figured that part out, then (as you say), the procedure works "flawlessly" for me as well :-) 

Das Leben ist in der Tat eine Reise, aber für einige von uns hat es ein paar Wendungen mehr als für andere. :-)
Vielen Dank für Ihre Antwort auf meinen Hinweis.

MartyWalker1

5 hours ago, MartyWalker1 said:

barefootjeff:  Thank you for your response. I assume from what is happening to me that the current list-limit is 750 caches per list. Do you have any ideas or info about my other issue concerning the contortions I now have to go through to create a new list, as opposed to the "old", and much simpler procedure (at least for me) of 15 +/- months ago?

Thanks again,

MartyWalker1

Sorry, I can't offer any other suggestions as I rarely put more than a handful of caches in a list. When you mentioned the problem you were having I recalled seeing something similar reported in the Release Notes thread on the enhanced search so I just wanted to provide you with a link to that. Maybe it's worth following it up there as it seems to be something they were going to fix but haven't done so.

Rather than use a list to load your GPS, you could download multiple PQs and/or lists to GSAK, which can easily handle thousands of caches, then either send from GSAK directly to your GPS or, as I do, export a GPX file to your computer and then copy it to the appropriate folder on your GPS.

You would be limited only by the maximum number of geocaches your GPS can accept.  My GPS is limited to 5000 geocaches, but that varies depending on make and model.

However, for smartphones, this will not work, as (to the best of my knowledge) the Official App does not provide for the use of GPX files----you have to use lists with the Official App.  But, there are other geocaching apps that work quite nicely with GPX files (iPhone & Android).

Good luck!

I'm puzzled (not an unusual state for me to be in). I have received an alert that I have been quoted in this thread however I do not recall having posted here until now and I can't see a quote/post by the the poster who quoted. Has oldtimer's struck again?:huh:

1 hour ago, colleda said:

I'm puzzled (not an unusual state for me to be in). I have received an alert that I have been quoted in this thread however I do not recall having posted here until now and I can't see a quote/post by the the poster who quoted. Has oldtimer's struck again?:huh:

Maybe you posted, and you were quoted, and a moderator hid both your post and the reply that quoted you. And then...

image.png.8c59d43dfda2fab5f884b8b96acb57bb.png