Canada is #2 for Caches

boreal jeff & sons

I just had an idea. For ONE dollar each person I will place caches on behalf of my fellow NON-Cachers. At our current PPM that means that if I can place 71 caches my fellow Canucks will owe me $1 MILLION dollars...ha ha ha (evil laugh).

If they fail to pay up I will fry Parliment in Ottawa with a "L A S E R"... oh... wait... someone just told me that would be a good thing...

If they fail to pay up I will fry every hockey arena in Canada with a "L A S E R"!!!

HA HA HA HA HA (Evil Laugh again)

Rob

Mobile Cache Command

Yes, YOU are not first, but YOU could be next. In other words I'll step up. I'll be the first and y'all can get behind me.

I don't like to be second. Nobody ever remembers who was second.

Besides, second is nothing more that saying you were the best loser...

DirtRunner.

Your not first...But you could be next.

every geocacher in Canada placed 5 caches within the next week we might overtake the US. Second is just a way of saying your not first yet but your working on it.

Besides... We do have a first in Geocaching here. One of our members in Calgary was the first non-american cacher to log 100 caches. Can't beat that.

You are right.. We probably would end up with a lot of rather carelessly thought out caches. It was not meant to be a realistic suggestion, just an emphasis to Dirtrunners desire to be first.

It is very unlikely country, including us, will ever catch the US in the number of caches placed. I think being second is terrific and shows the level of interest for geocaching in this country. Keep it up. icon_smile.gif

If it ain't awkward it ain't fun.

By sheer population and establishment alone, I don't think anyone can beat the US's numbers, (unless China suddenly goes Cache crazy) And there is nothing wrong with that, we can't beat them and I am perfectly OK with that, but, please, for the love of God, never, never, never celebrate the fact that you or someone you love (like Canada) is second.

We should all strive to be the best we can, sometimes we will end up in first, most of the time not. And wherever you end up, have the good sense and maturity to congratulate those who won and not to toot our own horn about where you placed.

It just sounds so stupid to run around chanting “We’re Number 2! We’re Number 2!” Where you are is where you are. Accept it with all the grace you can, and do better if you are able.

Just do it!

DirtRunner.

Your not first...But you could be next.

Bumping an old thread. One year later and according to Buxley Canada is still in #2 at 4637 active caches but with Germany coming on strong having overtaken the UK. Any guesses on how many there will be this time next year?

"If you don't know where you are going, then it doesn't much matter where you are." - Lewis Carroll in Through the Looking Glass