Geocaching in Calgary in late November

Guest Moun10Bike

Guest napgravy

Hi Jon.

There are several caches in Fish Creek Park here in Calgary that are quite nice... GC26A6, GC25F2, GC2500 (a nice multi-stage cache!), GC2438, GC243A, and my own GC1569. (I hope I haven't missed anybody in the list! icon_smile.gif For a nice view of the city, I'd suggest GC2574. There are several others around town as well - I don't mean to offend the owners of the ones I haven't listed here.... Since you're only visiting for a short time, I suspect out-of-town caches are out of the question.

As far as weather is concerned... Weather is one of the life's mysteries here in Calgary - I sure wouldn't want to be a weather forecaster in this city. It can be 15C one day and then -20C the next. We've had very tame winters with very little snow for the past several years. So far its been quite nice but it can change in a heartbeat. You still might be in luck in November as far as snow goes. More often than not, we usually get major snow dumps closer to spring...

Have fun on your visit!

John

Guest napgravy

Hi Jon.

There are several caches in Fish Creek Park here in Calgary that are quite nice... GC26A6, GC25F2, GC2500 (a nice multi-stage cache!), GC2438, GC243A, and my own GC1569. (I hope I haven't missed anybody in the list! icon_smile.gif For a nice view of the city, I'd suggest GC2574. There are several others around town as well - I don't mean to offend the owners of the ones I haven't listed here.... Since you're only visiting for a short time, I suspect out-of-town caches are out of the question.

As far as weather is concerned... Weather is one of the life's mysteries here in Calgary - I sure wouldn't want to be a weather forecaster in this city. It can be 15C one day and then -20C the next. We've had very tame winters with very little snow for the past several years. So far its been quite nice but it can change in a heartbeat. You still might be in luck in November as far as snow goes. More often than not, we usually get major snow dumps closer to spring...

Have fun on your visit!

John