Date inconsistencies?

CAVinoGal

I completed an Adventure lab today - it was a walking tour of a local area, took me about 45 minutes to walk it and then find the bonus cache. The lab was logged as I did it, and I logged the bonus from my draft when I got home, as is my habit.

I checked my "review" and it shows a completion date of yesterday, 5/3/22.  But when I go to my labs on my profile, it shows the stages as completed today, 5/4/22.  ???

image.png.34c722ea5f1fbfaeec6666724c849995.png    Screenshot_20220504-151422.thumb.png.1aba6f4fb920b3e28e2d56fa00ec58ba.png

• Funny 1

:lol:  I'm not worried, just puzzled by the inconsistency.  All the stages show as completed May 4, which is correct.  My "review", on the other hand, shows as being written May 3 - and that is not correct.  I wrote a review the day before I completed the lab?!?  No, I actually wrote the review after I completed the lab on May 4.  

Not a big deal, just curious, and puzzling.  I wonder if anyone else has seen or noticed this?  Just for kicks, I looked back over some of the labs I have done (and it IS convenient having my log at the top of the reviews!!!) and MOST of them have the review posting the day before I did the lab.  In one case, I did 2 labs on May 27.  One review posted May 26, one posted May 27, and all the stages show as completed on May 27.  These labs were all done in California and Arizona over the past year.

3 hours ago, CAVinoGal said:

I wonder if anyone else has seen or noticed this?

I'm seeing the opposite effect on this side of the world, with my reviews all showing a date the day after I completed the AL. For example, this one I did on the 23rd of January:

AL.jpg.8992cf38dd2dc4de74d3e02445bcd867.jpg

Bonus.jpg.32aba0d44c8ff82e6faa5dc8280a7a44.jpg

shows as the 24th of January in my review which I wrote between completing the AL and finding the bonus:

Review.jpg.502ae69e2b848580575aa7eddbdecf5b.jpg

18 hours ago, barefootjeff said:

I'm seeing the opposite effect on this side of the world, with my reviews all showing a date the day after I completed the AL.

Curiouser and curiouser!  Seems the reveiews get dated the day before or the day after the (correctly dated) stage completions, rarely on the correct day.  At least in my case it is rare, maybe one or two of the 20 or so labs I've completed are dated correctly.

As I said, not a big deal but curious all the same!

5 hours ago, CAVinoGal said:

Curiouser and curiouser!  Seems the reveiews get dated the day before or the day after the (correctly dated) stage completions, rarely on the correct day.  At least in my case it is rare, maybe one or two of the 20 or so labs I've completed are dated correctly.

As I said, not a big deal but curious all the same!

I can't help wondering if maybe they're doubling up on the time zone adjustment, so those in the western hemisphere get pushed too far back and those in the east too far forward.

5 hours ago, barefootjeff said:

I can't help wondering if maybe they're doubling up on the time zone adjustment, so those in the western hemisphere get pushed too far back and those in the east too far forward.

Yet, the stages are dated correctly, as far as I can tell.  Only the "review" is shifted.  At one time there was an issue with the stages being dated incorrectly - all done on the same day but showing as done on two different days.  Those have all been corrected, but the review log is off in most of my completed adventures.

10 hours ago, barefootjeff said:

This date issue still hasn't been fixed, so I'm wondering which date will be used for the World Record day next month, the date it's actually done or the date shown in the reviews which, in this time zone, is the day after it was completed.

In my case, the review is still showing as the day before I completed the Ad Lab.  We recently traveled to the East Coast, and did one lab at the Chicago airport on Monday, 5/23; stages are showing correctly but the review is dated Sunday, 5/22 when we were still at home in Calofornia!

I also completed two labs in upstate NY, 3 timezones away from my usual caching area, and they are also showing reviews dated the day before I did the labs.  Not a big deal, really, as the stages (and earned smilies) are showing the correct date.  It makes sense that the smilie date would be the one used for the World Record day stats.  The review gets no smilie, but it is curious why the date is always off by one day, even when I am in the same time zone as HQ!!

I am seeing this same (or similar) discrepancy of dates but on the Geocaching website (specifically, the Leaderboard). I reported the issue here on the forum back in July but have received no official replies other than from someone else who is experiencing the same thing. It makes me wonder if it's the same issue causing the same date delay, my best guess is a server time zone setting, but what do I know? My thread is here: https://forums.geocaching.com/GC/index.php?/topic/379830-dates-are-wrong-on-my-leaderboard/

Edited by Rosa Mundi