Need help with circle pocket queries

OK, so an upcoming trip to Europe has me creating circle pocket queries but now there's a catch.  I can create the querie just fine, and see the list just fine.  When I try to download the file from my email it always results in an .LOC file which is not satisfactory.  I need the .GPX file for the info.  Yes I'm a premium member.  When I go to dowload the file I make sure I have .gpx selected.  What could I be doing wrong?

Stan

PX

1 hour ago, sktqch said:

OK, so an upcoming trip to Europe has me creating circle pocket queries but now there's a catch.  I can create the querie just fine, and see the list just fine.  When I try to download the file from my email it always results in an .LOC file which is not satisfactory.  I need the .GPX file for the info.  Yes I'm a premium member.  When I go to dowload the file I make sure I have .gpx selected.  What could I be doing wrong?

Stan

If it's always worked fine for you, maybe it was a temporary issue.  I downloaded a PQ using the email link, and also from the "Pocket Queries Ready To Download" tonight, and both arrived as Zip files as usual.

Normally I go to "My Lists" and on the very right of the list I want to load is a little circle with 3 dots in it and I choose "Download GPXs" .  It has always worked in the past but no more.  I am wondering if someone was tampering with the mainframe and disabled the gpx function.  I'm working on a new list for Ljubljiana now and when I am finished with it I'll give the "Pocket Queries Ready For Download" method a try.

fyi there's a big event planned for Ljubljiana early in June this year!

Stan

38 minutes ago, sktqch said:

Normally I go to "My Lists" and on the very right of the list I want to load is a little circle with 3 dots in it and I choose "Download GPXs" .  It has always worked in the past but no more.  I am wondering if someone was tampering with the mainframe and disabled the gpx function.  I'm working on a new list for Ljubljiana now and when I am finished with it I'll give the "Pocket Queries Ready For Download" method a try.

fyi there's a big event planned for Ljubljiana early in June this year!

Stan

Pocket Queries work somewhat differently from Lists, although a Pocket Query can be given the same name as a List, and a List could even be run as a Pocket Query.  So it can get a little confusing at times.  But when a Pocket Query is ready for download, you must go to the Pocket Query page (or the link in the email) to get the file.

Lists and PQs are typically downloaded from the web site as Zip files.  Using the "Download GPX" circle button, I tried downloading a List tonight, and it arrived as a Zip file just fine.  It's a GPX file, compressed as Zip (unZip it to use on a Garmin).  If the button is not working for you, it might be a browser issue.   If you click the name of the List, it opens a page with a different button, and more options.  You can instead use the feature "Send To Garmin" to place a List directly into the proper place on a Garmin GPS.  But that requires first setting up a couple of things, and it of course requires a Garmin.

Enjoy the big Event!  :)

Edited by kunarion

If you find yourself with a LOC file and are in a hurry to "transform" it to GPX,  GSAK works wonders.

Load the LOC file into an empty GSAK database, then use the "Geocaching.com access\Refresh cache data" menu options and refresh the entire database.  This causes GSAK to query geocaching.com and will update the database with the "other" GPX data.

Then merely export the database as a GPX file and you're done.

Good luck.