Adventure Lab Review - Spoilers?

sufeea

3 minutes ago, sufeea said:

Hello,

There is a review in my adventure lab cache with a spoiler, is there a way to censor or delete it? What can I do about it?

Thanks!

No, you cannot censor or delete it. Is the purpose of the spoiler to help others who may be having trouble with the location question?

16 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

Many of the reviews for your adventure lab mention.....

How can one find out what ALs a certain user created/owns?

Last time I asked this question the answer I got was "through the bonus cache" which apparently can not be applied here.

• Upvote 1
On 5/3/2022 at 9:30 PM, Max and 99 said:

Many of the reviews for your adventure lab mention the problem with location # 3. And several reviews mentioned they cannot find the specific target.

Yes I am aware about #3, it has been made clearer since there are works in the area.

But the cache is actually meant to be harder to complete (i.e. maybe difficulty 4 with the traditional caches) - this should not justify spoilers.

• Funny 1
  • Surprised 1
On 5/10/2022 at 9:23 AM, sufeea said:

But the cache is actually meant to be harder to complete (i.e. maybe difficulty 4 with the traditional caches) - this should not justify spoilers.

A while ago, I completed an unconventional AL: It had only one location, and the question was intentionally tricky. Without going into details, you had to find a number, which was cleverly hidden (not by the owner, but by the nature of the object on which it's located).

So what happened?

- After a (short) while, people started to complain in their reviews, that the number is hard to find.

- Not much later, a few reviews said, that they had to ask the number from a previous finder.

- After that, several reviews came in, stating plainly that the number is gone, they had to ask a previous finder, and to spare future cachers the hassle, here is the number: XXX

Because the owner couldn't do anything about the spoiler logs, and with them the AL had effectively lost it's appeal, he eventually "archived" it (set it to "Private" or "Off" - it's no longer on the map, but I can still open it with the direct link).

That fact that an AL owner can do nothing about spoilers (except changing the questions, which is not always easily possible), is one reason why I have so far not implemented an idea for a "D5 AL", which I'm carrying around in my head for more than a year now.

• Upvote 3
  • Surprised 2