caches

300mag

This morning I voted for regular caches.

But I must say I really like the idea of the project caches depending on what it is. The Cdn geoquilt really captured the interest of our entire family - especially since the Edmonton one was a very hard find. icon_razz.gif

Peter

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." (Gertrude Stein)

quote:
Originally posted by 300mag:

What kind of caches do you like most?

regular caches are the easiest bang for the buck if you can do them on your lunch breack, or there's a good walk.

But, inspired by Binthair, I have been trying to set mystery caches with clues.

I've just recently started combining bonus letterboxes with our regular caches. I found a letterbox in Elora and really liked the creative side of letterboxing so I've decided to hide letterboxes near some of our J.A.R.S. geocaches and include instruction/direction sheets to the box (without lat/long coords, just compass directions and paces)in the cache. I'm hoping cachers will like the creativity and diversity.

---------------

---------------

I don't know what you are going to do, but I know I can't lie around and be lazy. I am a Thing-Finder, and when you're a Thing-Finder you don't have a minute to spare....The whole world is full of things, and somebody has to look for them. And that's just what a Thing-Finder does.

-Pippi Longstocking

I voted for regular caches.

Geocaching for us involves the whole family (for the main part) and multi's demand too much on my family's patience (3 and 4 year olds). Puzzles are good if we can solve it at home prior to leaving the house but solving in the field again puts a strain on the little one's patience.

THIS is why I originally took up night-caching. A chance to tackle some of the more time consuming caches with out worrying about anything other than whether or not my headlamp's batteries will last until morning.

Tripper & fam.

I'd put another catagory.

One that covers big hairy bigfoot arms, which may be regular caches, but are weird.

Wait, my 2 cents on the other types. I love multi-waypoint caches, but only when I'm on the last waypoint. Anything in-between has me cursing and vowing never again to do a multi(then I go do another one). I've done some short re-directs letely, and those a really fun.

Binthair's caches turned me onto the puzzles, which I like, and voted for above.

But yn't beat the regular cache when it comes down to it. It's always going to be the reliable favorite.

"Software isn't released, it's allowed to escape."