What to see in Nova Scotia?

Inig0

Hi everyone! I'm from Salt Lake City,Utah, USA. I'll be in Canada for the next two weeks for a business trip. I have one day off in Halifax. Since I've never been, I thought I'd ask the pros. Are there any must-see sites that I should set as a priority? I hope to be able to do some caching and check things out a bit.

Thanks in advance.

Enig0

Recommendations for geocaches include: Take Nothing for Granite, located next to Peggy's Cove, a well known scenic fishing town; Ghost of the Past located at York Redoubt which is a 200-year-old fortification; or Air, Land and Sea, a pleasant multi-cache that will have you visiting Halifax and crossing the harbour into Dartmouth.

Non-geocaching sites of interest include Citadel Hill, Pier 21 or the Halifax Explosion Memorial Bell Tower.

After dark, you could check out one of the many pubs and restaurants.

If you use MS Streets & Trips, go to this site, http://ian.kenetic.com/Geocaching/maps.html where you can download a CSV file you can import in that has all the Canadian caches. You can pan over to Halifax and see all of the caches in the area. It will probably help you decide which ones are within your time budget.

BTW I was just got back from there for 2 weeks of holidays and had a great time. But, BRING BUG SPRAY !! icon_wink.gif

If you use MS Streets & Trips, go to this site, http://ian.kenetic.com/Geocaching/maps.html where you can download a CSV file you can import in that has all the Canadian caches. You can pan over to Halifax and see all of the caches in the area. It will probably help you decide which ones are within your time budget.

BTW I was just got back from there for 2 weeks of holidays and had a great time. But, BRING BUG SPRAY !! icon_wink.gif

I enjoyed the shipwreck exhibit at the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, just down the way from Historic Properties. I also like the Public Gardens, and if the Silver Spoon is still around, they make awesome cheesecake! Hope to do some caching when we get back to NS in August. Have fun, tell us how your trip went and where your favourite spots were!

-Donna G.

ns-flag1s.gif

- "The Home of Our Hearts"