My downloaded geocaches are NOT showing on my Garmin Oregon700

Are the files in the Garmin/GPX folder on the device?  Are they within 100 miles of your current location?  Those are the two most common reasons that they don't show up - they are not placed in the correct folder ont he device, or you are too far away.

Solutions - use a USB cable to explore the files on the device and move them to the correct folder.  Scroll the map to the area the caches are located.

If neither of those two scenarios seems to fit your situation, tell us how you  are downloading the caches to your device.  PC, iOS, Linux?  From the webpage?  A PQ? Zip file?  Details can help us nail down what the problem could be.

• Helpful 1

when i download caches from the Geocaching map, they do NOT appear in my Garmin Oregon 700 under Geocaching but WayPoints Mgr, why???

Also I make a list with 4 caches and only 1 or 2 appear??? Premium member. Thanks for any help. I have been in touch with Garmin, no answers as of yet.

Thank

Terry

Yes files(list named searview, 4 caches) I spelt seaview wrong

they are within 2 miles

I am using a mac, downloading from Geocaching Map as a list (searview)TO GARMIN

Caches show up on Base Camp,see image

On my device they are NOT under Geocaching, but Waypoint Mgr and then only one shows up??? It is the one titled P161Z95

This is a used device bought on eBay, refurbished, seller a 100% pos rating.

Final note the first day i used this device i downloaded a cache as above, worked fine. showed up under geocaching andoff i went. This cache was within a mile.

Have I somehow  in my ignorance, messed with  distancing???? 

Thanks for the help sir

seaview.png

Garmin drive.png

base camp.png

3 hours ago, ballard1911 said:

On my device they are NOT under Geocaching, but Waypoint Mgr and then only one shows up??? It is the one titled P161Z95

That is a parking child waypoint, and will always appear as a waypoint. That is not an actual geocache. 

There is nothing wrong with your Garmin.

the current  folder is CLOSED. I have NOT moved anything into any of the folders, its where they ended up after downloading them.

"There is nothing wrong with your Garmin."

Then why when i download a "list" of caches they are not shown as geocaches? If it is not my device,then wht? Is the question. Thanks for your time

1 hour ago, ballard1911 said:

If it is not my device,then wht? Is the question. Thanks for your time

Check for filters set on the device.  They sometimes get set somehow, and some or all caches are then not shown.

Caches beyond about 100 miles of where the GPS thinks it is are not automatically listed. 

You are describing “downloads”, and such files are manually placed into folders.  If you meant that you’re using the feature “Send To Garmin”, then yes the files should end up in the proper folder.  But there could be a leetle glitch when you try it, but temporary.

Edited by kunarion

MAC users often mingle the unit name GARMIN with the folder of the same name. The folder "Garmin" has to on top level of the unit GARMIN (which appears to show on your desktop). The GPX folder should be inside the Garmin's folder, which seems not to exist on your unit.

enclosed a snapshot of my Garmin drive, which clearly shows a GPX folder. In that folder is my list sent from GC downloaded to Garmin. the list name is searview- BMBOERN.GPX.

thanks for trying

GPX.png

kunarion

thanks for your time.

You are describing “downloads”, and such files are manually placed into folders. 

could you expand on manually putting into folders?

I have been away from geocaching or 7 or 8 years, i maybe missing something. I do remember downloading a cache "to Garmin" and it going up in the appropriate space.

Mine have been going into the way points folder?? I make a list of 4 download the "List to Grmin only 1 or 2 make it o my device and it is NOT in Geocaching

They do show up on bse camp. They are only 2 miles max from me??  I will look into filters, but the fellow from Garmin guied me to put into 20 mi

1 hour ago, ballard1911 said:

MAC users often mingle the unit name GARMIN with the folder of the same name. The folder "Garmin" has to on top level of the unit GARMIN (which appears to show on your desktop). The GPX folder should be inside the Garmin's folder, which seems not to exist on your unit.

enclosed a snapshot of my Garmin drive, which clearly shows a GPX folder. In that folder is my list sent from GC downloaded to Garmin. the list name is searview- BMBOERN.GPX.

thanks for trying

GPX.png

Ballard1911,

The seraview - BMB0ERN.gpx file is NOT in the Garmin/GPX/ directory.

As previously stated, it is in the Garmin/GPX/Current/ directory, which is the wrong place for it.

MOVE it to the Garmin/GPX/ directory.

NEVER put any files in the Garmin/GPX/Current/ directory.

4 minutes ago, Atlas Cached said:

Ballard1911,

The seraview - BMB0ERN.gpx file is NOT in the Garmin/GPX/ directory.

As previously stated, it is in the Garmin/GPX/Current/ directory, which is the wrong place for it.

MOVE it to the Garmin/GPX/ directory.

NEVER put any files in the Garmin/GPX/Current/ directory.

Look carefully at the arrow next to Current. That directory isn't open. The gpx file isn't in Current, it's in the GPX folder alongside Current. My guess is the problem is likely to be either distance or filters, or possibly even emojis in the cache name as Garmin devices don't like those.

3 hours ago, ballard1911 said:

kunarion

thanks for your time.

You are describing “downloads”, and such files are manually placed into folders. 

could you expand on manually putting into folders?

As Atlas Cached mentioned, GPSrchive has info on direct download, and Send To Garmin.  It shows to which folders each file goes:

https://www.gpsrchive.com/Shared/How To/index.htm

(click on “Geocache” in the menu)

Edited by kunarion

Thanks

I feel we are getting closer with all your help. I will o my best to follow directions. You folks look like your experienced, i am not. But I share the love of the Geocache experience, it will help me from being obese to a little more normal, and at 73 thats pretty important. God Bless you all..