Vancouver Island Cachers

Curious George

What does "Big Furry Loafers" have to do with caching in the dark. I go bare foot.(at least)

Yes, I am. (seen my avatar lately) icon_eek.gif

"The blue bus is watching us", or are we talking about Plantmans favourite cache.

[This message was edited by eroyd on February 17, 2003 at 01:43 PM.]

PS, OPERATION HIGH DESERT ADVENTURE has been unarchived.

I am looking forward to geocaching.com making changes to the site to allow for more variety in the cache categories.

I would encourage people to become charter members of the site so that it can continue to grow and adapt due to the increasing pressure to offer more avenues for creativity and adventurous pursuits.

canadazuuk

Oh I remember....its a little foggy but if I shake my head three times, the two brain cells fire, And it all comes back to me in a flash. [icon_wink.gif]

ahhh to be 18 again.

This is my Signature (For the forums)

Note: you may include UBBCode?, UBBCode? Images in your signature.

For those that have seen the light - I noticed something strange the other night and wonder if anyone else has had the same thing happen. When I have my BFL plugged into the lighter and I turn my car off the radio keeps playing even when the keys are removed. I don't know it's something in my car or ??

I love the smell of tupperware in the morning...it smells like victory

Bright F...... Light, Oooh! I get it now. Tee Hee. Silly guys made the strap loops to small to fit over my head.

So how do I mount this on my rifle. (Not that you need one) There's several racoons wandering arounded the U-vic area today bouncing off all those purple buildings.

To the tune of “You Light up my Life”

So many nights I sit by my keyboard

Waiting for someone to hide a new cache

So many batteries – I keep going through them

I cached in the dark but now

You've come along

You light up my life

You give me toys

To carry on

You light up my nights

and fill my days with song

Hiking the hills and strolling the valleys

Hey could it be I’m in the wrong place?

Finally, a chance to say hey,

I found it

Never again to post a No Find

You light up my life

You give me toys

To carry on

You light up my nights

You light up my life

You give me toys

To carry on

You light up my nights

It can't be wrong

When night is so bright

'Cause You

You light up my nights

Thanks TEAM KFWB GPS

The blue mold in these cheeses is due to mold spores from Penicillium roqueforti or Penicillium glaucum, etc. Originally each of these cheeses were produced in caves in their respective areas, where the mold was naturally present. This combined with the unique nutrients that the mold grew on in the caves affected the flavor, texture and blue-green color of the mold in each of these cheeses. In the beginning, this was most likely discovered by accident when cheeses were stored in the caves, and they developed mold. Then someone decided to taste the cheese that others might have thought to be ruined, and realized how exquisite the taste had become.

Most blue cheeses today are either injected with the mold, as with Roquefort, or the mold is mixed right in with the curds, as it is with Gorgonzola, to insure even distribution of the mold. Most of these cheeses must still be aged in the original caves where they were developed to bear the name.

quote:
Originally posted by Curious George:

For those that have seen the light - I noticed something strange the other night and wonder if anyone else has had the same thing happen. When I have my BFL plugged into the lighter and I turn my car off the radio keeps playing even when the keys are removed. I don't know it's something in my car or ??

Greetings. What is happening here is the BFL is feeding power back into the circuit, powering the radio, wipers, etc. It will power whatever devices are on the other side of the circuit from the ignition switch. When you unplug the BFL the issue stops. When the BFL is low in power the radio will reflect this with lower volume or dimmer display lights.

Odd that there is no diode to "gate" the current from returning back through the cig. lighter power source.

I suppose you could use the BFL as an alternate power source, if needed.