Geopub Night - long overdue! (like my library books)

Couparangus

Somebody call one in the GTA soon as I'm getting thirsty. Pub's that have Double-Diamond on tap are preferred over all others. icon_smile.gif I can recommend the Toby Jug in Bolton without hesitation. Coord's are N43 52.367 W79 43.626 I'd call it myself but I've called two already and get cheated out of the cache "find". icon_smile.gif That's right, if you show up it counts as a find so there's no excuse not to come out! icon_wink.gif

Signed,

Thirsty Coupar-Angus icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Coupar-Angus:

Hey Rob,

I think you're downtown. You can call one on your turf and I'm sure you'll get a good turnout. I'll be there for sure. There are plenty of British style pubs along Yonge, and accessible via transit too which helps.

Cheers!

Coupar-Angus

There are a couple of pubs up around Yonge and Finch area... hmmm.

Rob

Mobile Cache Command

quote:

I'm getting really parched now.... icon_razz.gif

Olar? Tomtec? CryptoBlue? Flick? Trimbles? GHMCMC members?

Hey, I'm all for a pub night! CryptoBlue is currently in possession of the Pub Bug so technically it is his turn. If nothing is organized by this weekend, I'll call one at the Toby Jug since it's so close. (As suggested by Coupar-Angus, pub-miester extrodinaire and Double-Diamond addict) As far as a date goes, we shall see.

TOMTEC

Burlington? I'll drink to that!! Olar had his there on Walkers Line and it was not far from my work in Mississauga. I was disappointed to find that the pub didn't have Double-Diamond though. After all, it *is* the official beer of Geocaching since 1879. icon_wink.gif Servman, keep me in the loop on that one. icon_smile.gif

Cheers!

Coupar-Angus

quote:
Double-Diamond, the official beer of Geocaching since 1879

I think this should be put in the cache hiding guidelines under pub nights.

Well, it's the weekend, and as far as I can see, nothing is organized as of yet. So I'll get the ball rolling...

We've had the last 2 area Pub Nights at the Black Bull Pub (See: "Yet another Pub Night!" ) So I think it's time for something new. Coupar-Angus suggested the Toby Jug (N43 52.367 W79 43.626) which is just down the road. Sounds good to me, we know the where... now for the when.

I'm trying to choose from the following dates:

Tuesday, July 8th

Wednesday July 9th

Thursday July 10th

Friday July 11th

I usually work evenings, but I am free on those nights, so, there are the options... Lets get some feedback from the local cachers so we can decided on a date.

TOMTEC

quote:

I was disappointed to find that the pub didn't have Double-Diamond though. After all, it *is* the official beer of Geocaching since 1879.

Sorry to disappoint you C-A but I believe there is a movement afoot to have this beer (see pic below) named as the official brew and knocking DD off of its throne.

619.jpg

Looking forward to a pubnite no matter where it is.

Cheers, Olar

"You are only young once but you can stay immature forever"

quote:
Originally posted by TOMTEC:

quote:
Double-Diamond, the official beer of Geocaching since 1879

I think this should be put in the cache hiding guidelines under pub nights.

Well, it's the weekend, and as far as I can see, nothing is organized as of yet. So I'll get the ball rolling...

We've had the last 2 area Pub Nights at the Black Bull Pub (See: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?&ID=39255 ) So I think it's time for something new. Coupar-Angus suggested the Toby Jug (N43 52.367 W79 43.626) which is just down the road. Sounds good to me, we know the where... now for the when.

I'm trying to choose from the following dates:

Tuesday, July 8th

Wednesday July 9th

Thursday July 10th

Friday July 11th

I usually work evenings, but I am free on those nights, so, there are the options... Lets get some feedback from the local cachers so we can decided on a date.

TOMTEC

I can make any of those nights, so long as they serve Alexander Keith's IPA. icon_cool.gif

Hi Guys,

I've been offline with some personal problems for a while, but I am back online now.

Thanks for getting the ball rolling again, I'm thirsty too. The Toby Jug location sounds good!

I will put the weight of the Pub Bug behind Tuesday, July 8th. If everyone agrees we should post it to the Pub Bug page and the YAPN page (if that's OK with C-A).

CryptoBlue

icon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gif

Sadly, TrimblesTrek is headed for Canada's east coast for a much needed vacation. I'll be away until the 18th. I'll raise a glass of DD at some appropriate point on my travels. Someone please step up to the plate to take my place as the thorn in Flicks side for the evening! Dan?

TT

TrimblesTrek

quote:

I'm good for all but July 11th!

quote:
Originally posted by CryptoBlue:

I will put the weight of the Pub Bug behind Tuesday, July 8th.

Well, looks like the 11th is out, TT is out of the country, and everyone else is good for any day. So let's make it Tuesday, July 8th, as CryptoBlue suggested, so we can all experience the "weight" that is the Pub Bug!

I'll submit the event cache now, and hopefully TPTB will have it approved in time for the next Weekly Cache Notification email.

quote:
Originally posted by TrimblesTrek:

Someone take my place as the thorn in Flicks side for the evening!

He he, I'm up to that challenge!

TOMTEC

The event cache page has been posted (24 hours ago): Pub at the Jug (The Toby Jug) and it is STILL awaiting approval! Here's the context for all who are wondering:

Who? All Geocachers and the people who associate therewith!

What? Come for a pint and/or some pub grub and meet other Geocachers!

Where? The Toby Jug - Bolton, coordinates: N43 52.367 W79 43.626

When? Tuesday, July 8, 2003 6:30PM 'til whenever

Why? Why not!

So it's set... now let the drinking contest begin to see who will walk away from the meet with the infamous Pub Bug!

TOMTEC