check this out BC!

coast2coast2coast

Here is Fish's log for Thank U Van Isle!

quote:
July 5 by Fish (Fish) (161 found)

A funny thing happened when we found this cache... As soon as we opened the cache we found a note written yesterday from the BC Provincial Parks Warden requesting that this cache be removed. We have taken it with us (so that it wont be destroyed) We are willing to plant it in the Victoria area and forward you the details. If you want you can temporarily disable this cache and we should have a new home for it within the next 2 weeks. Thanks for the hunt... It was a really good spot

any one else seen this in BC yet?

Was this geocache hidden in a sensitive area? Was it near a main trail? Was it hidden poorly or was it hidden too well causing stompage of the area?

How did the Warden find it? Is this person truely a Warden or a BC Parks employee?

Did the note explain why the geocache should be removed? Was the Warden speaking on behalf of the BC Government or hisself?

Sincerely,

Foghorn Leghorn

quote:
Originally posted by coast2coast2coast:

Here is Fish's log for http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=38038

class="ip-ubbcode-quote">quote: July 5 by Fish (Fish) (161 found)

A funny thing happened when we found this cache... As soon as we opened the cache we found a note written yesterday from the BC Provincial Parks Warden requesting that this cache be removed. We have taken it with us (so that it wont be destroyed) We are willing to plant it in the Victoria area and forward you the details. If you want you can temporarily disable this cache and we should have a new home for it within the next 2 weeks. Thanks for the hunt... It was a really good spot

any one else seen this in BC yet?

I actually talked to one of the staff...And the Ranger used his GPS to find the cache. It was in a reasonably sensitive area. I was told that the cache should be approved by the park. I expressed my opinion of this, It would appear to be an isolated incident (so far) in BC. But anyways, I will rehide the cache somewhere around the South Island within the next couple of weeks, And I'll try to get the note scaned sometime this week. and I'll post it. It was not nasty, just written on an eviction and warning citation, and it just said please remove geocache.

Fish

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati