Are GPS's prices (and the maps) getting a little too high?

minigeo

One thing I noticed is that the big box retailers are not repricing as the currency improves versus the $USD. For the first time in a long time, it makes more sense to buy electronics south of the border.

quote:
Originally posted by Minigeocacher!:

I personally think so, i went to Future Shop and saw the lowest at $375!!! OUch... thats too much... tell me wut u guys think...

-MINIGEOCACHER!!!!!-

quote:
Originally posted by bthornhill:

One thing I noticed is that the big box retailers are not repricing as the currency improves versus the $USD. For the first time in a long time, it makes more sense to buy electronics south of the border.

quote:
Originally posted by Minigeocacher!:

I personally think so, i went to Future Shop and saw the lowest at $375!!! OUch... thats too much... tell me wut u guys think...

-MINIGEOCACHER!!!!!-

wouldnt this be a form of currency hedging?

'Get to the point---speak English!!!!'

The price for the unit itself is not bad. But the accessories are rather expensive. $50 for a simple cable and the memory cards are just overpriced flash memory. The $150 maps are really expensive and the latest Canada MapSource is 3 years old! There is no point in buying a mapping GPS unless you got another $200 to spend on maps and memory.

Please visit the Ham Radio Forums at www.ham-radio.ca. Thank you.