Is everyone geocaching yet?

Guest 300mag

Guest cliffy

Hi there 300Mag!!!

I just bought somemore PVC fittings for 3 more caches to be planted soon...At least one on the Quebec side this time. (Gatineau park rules!) I noticed you found Goat's cache...Quite the hike huh?..lol He found your mountain cache too I see. I wonder if the candies in the cache are attracting animals....

Cheers, cliffy icon_smile.gif

Guest cliffy

Hi there 300Mag!!!

I just bought somemore PVC fittings for 3 more caches to be planted soon...At least one on the Quebec side this time. (Gatineau park rules!) I noticed you found Goat's cache...Quite the hike huh?..lol He found your mountain cache too I see. I wonder if the candies in the cache are attracting animals....

Cheers, cliffy icon_smile.gif

Guest 300mag

I am happy to see there will be more caches to find soon.Goats cache is quite the hike like you say.I saw lots of wildlife doing that one.About my mountain cache.I have gone back to it yesterday and collected the remains.I have also re-freshed it.On the way up there i saw a big bear poop."He wasn't constipated" icon_biggrin.gif This is by mountain road access.I didn't see any near the cache itself but saw more on the way up.After checking out the busted and clawed container i am sure the deep scratch marks are from something very heavy like a bear.I can tell you something i was making lots of noise and signing or whistling on the way up or down from there. Poor bear ears icon_biggrin.gif I also had one of my labs with me.I'll be posting another one too soon.More kid friendly this time.

Guest 300mag

I am happy to see there will be more caches to find soon.Goats cache is quite the hike like you say.I saw lots of wildlife doing that one.About my mountain cache.I have gone back to it yesterday and collected the remains.I have also re-freshed it.On the way up there i saw a big bear poop."He wasn't constipated" icon_biggrin.gif This is by mountain road access.I didn't see any near the cache itself but saw more on the way up.After checking out the busted and clawed container i am sure the deep scratch marks are from something very heavy like a bear.I can tell you something i was making lots of noise and signing or whistling on the way up or down from there. Poor bear ears icon_biggrin.gif I also had one of my labs with me.I'll be posting another one too soon.More kid friendly this time.

Guest cliffy

quote:
Originally posted by 300mag:

About my mountain cache.I have gone back to it yesterday and collected the remains.I have also re-freshed it.On the way up there i saw a big bear poop."He wasn't constipated" icon_biggrin.gif This is by mountain road access.I didn't see any near the cache itself but saw more on the way up.After checking out the busted and clawed container i am sure the deep scratch marks are from something very heavy like a bear.

Actually I think you're right 300Mag.....When I found the cache I stumbled upon what I believe to be a fresh bear den. It was a hole roughly 2.5 feet in diameter burrowed under a tree on a slope not far the road. I looked but didn't see any tell tale tracks icon_frown.gif , but I also didn't hang around too long in case mamma bear was nearby.....lol I too was lucky enough to see one deer on my trip to Goat's cache, although it was beside Ch. Eardly near where I parked.

cliffy icon_smile.gif

track.jpg

[This message has been edited by cliffy (edited 03 June 2001).]

Guest cliffy

quote:
Originally posted by 300mag:

About my mountain cache.I have gone back to it yesterday and collected the remains.I have also re-freshed it.On the way up there i saw a big bear poop."He wasn't constipated" icon_biggrin.gif This is by mountain road access.I didn't see any near the cache itself but saw more on the way up.After checking out the busted and clawed container i am sure the deep scratch marks are from something very heavy like a bear.

Actually I think you're right 300Mag.....When I found the cache I stumbled upon what I believe to be a fresh bear den. It was a hole roughly 2.5 feet in diameter burrowed under a tree on a slope not far the road. I looked but didn't see any tell tale tracks icon_frown.gif , but I also didn't hang around too long in case mamma bear was nearby.....lol I too was lucky enough to see one deer on my trip to Goat's cache, although it was beside Ch. Eardly near where I parked.

cliffy icon_smile.gif

track.jpg

[This message has been edited by cliffy (edited 03 June 2001).]

Guest cliffy

Neato!!!!! Looks like my Hitch-hiker is finally on his way 300Mag. He's currently residing in your mountain cache thanks to werdna. I came up with a neat idea for a downtown urban cache today too....Keep your eyes peeled for it..LOL

Guest Haps

I've got the ammo box and prizes ready and have picked a general location. This weekend I'm going out to place my first cache. Which I believe is also the first in the Sudbury, ON area.

Guest 300mag

Cool Cliffy your Hitch -Hiker will have a great view.I really liked your map track.

Right on Haps.Go for it buddie soon you will have someone logging your cache.This is almost as much fun as stashing the cache itself.

Guest Couparangus

Hi all. Just checking in to say hi. I've hidden a couple of Geocaches myself and have found a couple - great fun! Would like to see more mountain-bikeable caches for psycho cyclists to find.

Cheers!

Guest 300mag

Welcome to Geocaching Couparangus.Nice to see youre enjoying the game.If you ever come around Ottawa/Hull area you can visit goat1 or gcaob cache for a nice mountain bike ride in the Gatineau park. See you around icon_smile.gif

Guest 300mag

Welcome to Geocaching Couparangus.Nice to see youre enjoying the game.If you ever come around Ottawa/Hull area you can visit goat1 or gcaob cache for a nice mountain bike ride in the Gatineau park. See you around icon_smile.gif

Well I placed my cache. I will go back ina week and see if I had any hits. Due to the remotness of my area I don't expect any. I would be lucky if I got 2 hits all summer but I will wait and see.

Guest 300mag

Nice going Haps. Don't worry i am sure you will get more hits then you think.Actually i am pretty sure you are the only one in that area. This will surely generate more caches in the area.In my area we had only the one cache.(Meach lake pressure cooker).Now we are up to around 7 and counting.

[This message has been edited by 300mag (edited 10 June 2001).]