Feature Request: No screen timeout in map view

TommyGator

When using the AdLab app to navigate using the app compass, the screen (android for me) does not timeout, and that is good.  Unfortunately, the app direction pointer seldom points toward the next stage in any reliable fashion, so I use the map to find my way there.

Also, many (if not most) AdLabs involve driving, so having the map displayed is more appropriate---and the screen times out (i.e., goes dark) on its regular global timeout setting, necessitating a button push or screen touch to re-activate it.  This is not a good thing to be doing while driving.

Yes, I know you can turn off or change the global phone timeout value, but if the app can inhibit the timeout for the compass, it should also inhibit it for the map.

4 hours ago, TommyGator said:

Also, many (if not most) AdLabs involve driving, so having the map displayed is more appropriate---and the screen times out (i.e., goes dark) on its regular global timeout setting, necessitating a button push or screen touch to re-activate it.  This is not a good thing to be doing while driving.

I see what you are saying. For me it times out at about 3 minutes on the map screen. It does not time out on the compass screen.

11 hours ago, Oceansazul said:

Can I double check that you are talking about this for the Adventure Location/stages map? (Not the main directory map where all of the Adventure pins are displayed) 

That is correct.  I'm referring to the map which shows all the individual stages after the particular AdLab has started. 

That is the map by which one can drive to an individual stage which, by the way, doesn't seem to pinch apart (i.e., zoom) very easy (at least for me), but that's another issue.

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, TommyGator said:

That is correct.  I'm referring to the map which shows all the individual stages after the particular AdLab has started. 

That is the map by which one can drive to an individual stage which, by the way, doesn't seem to pinch apart (i.e., zoom) very easy (at least for me), but that's another issue.

There's a really old discussion about this. If I remember correctly, zooming in many times causes the map to not respond well but going back and starting again will fix it. 

On 4/28/2022 at 1:08 AM, Max and 99 said:

There's a really old discussion about this. If I remember correctly, zooming in many times causes the map to not respond well but going back and starting again will fix it. 

Thanks---I'll try that (after, of course, pulling over for safety).

• Helpful 1