Removing a cache

gm100guy

If there is a concern about a cache then pull it... I know that I and many other cachers have pulled caches for one reason or another.. What I usually do is archive it for a day or two...then I pull the cache (gives some late cachers a quick chance to hit the cache).

My two cents...

Fish

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

If you think there might be a problem with the concerned cache you can remove it and place it as unavailable or archive it. I usually leave a advanced notice so cachers will know it will be removed soon.Some of my caches I remove ,some I leave depending if I think the container/cache items will be ok. With the snow that isn't too far down the road it can be a good idea to remove some that won't be accessible.So next spring they will be all fresh and ready to go icon_smile.gif

742_900.jpg

I've left all of my caches out over the winter and had no problems. We get a real winter here. They were in tupperware/rubbermaid containers and suffered no ill-effects. Caches should be okay unless you suspect spring run off might effect them.

P.S. I had visitors to my caches right up to Christmass at which point the snow got to deep.

Every hour spent geocaching is added to the end of your life