Any caches in the Hamilton area?

halldorr

What I have found is the best way to search for caches closest to home is to mark a waypoint at your house, then set these coords in your geocaching.com account as your "home coords". Then on 'My Cache Page' click the 'search for caches closest to my home coords'. This will bring up the caches within a 100 mi radius of your home in order from closest to farthest.

Happy caching,

Donna G.

Well yes there are quite a few. In both East and West end Hamilton. Also a few over the bay in Burlington.

There are at least a half-dozen caches over in the Dundas valley area, and a similar number over in the King forest/Red Hill Creek area as well.

I have not lost my mind...........

I left it in a Geo-Cache somewhere..........

1. Do a search in the forum for posts by Servman.

2. Visit his site and download his import files

3. (Purchase MS Streets and Trips 2002)

4. Import the data, zoom into Hamiltion and when you see a pushpin you want to examine, hold down CTRL and click on it. IE will open to the geocaching site.

THis his how I find out where all my caches are before I go out!

Cheers,

Rob

Mobile Cache Command

4525_1300.gif

quote:
Originally posted by J.A.R.S.:

I've used this Canadian Natural Resources gov site to get lat/long coords:

http://geonames.nrcan.gc.ca/english/cgndb.html

quote:
Originally posted by halldorr:

Thanks for the link icon_smile.gif I actually live in Kitchener and that's how I find them around here (with my home co-ords) but I had no idea on what co-ords were around Hamilton. With that link I can find them though - thank you again icon_wink.gif

Not bad, but only 1:250,000. Search google for toporama it's Can Gov too but 1:50,000

Rob

Mobile Cache Command

4525_1300.gif

quote:
Originally posted by halldorr:

Hey! That's sharp! So I need to purchase Purchase MS Streets and Trips 2002? Also, does anyone use a map package that shows city streets? Like even small streets?

Halldorr this is a zoomed in shot from the same Streets & Trips. Is this what you are looking for? Olar

6323_600.jpg

wavey.gif