Vancouver Island Cache Event--Need input

Kermode

I am planning on setting up a Saturday Geo caching event on souther Vancouver Island. I can not go into specific details at the moment. The plan is to run it like a competition with 1 or 2 major prizes at the end of the day.To be able to furnish prizes I would need to be able to charge an entry fee to take part in this game. The entry fee would be in the neighbourhood of $20 per player with entry money going towards the prizes and a bbq type of day end gathering in a picnic shelter in a park.

What I need to know is #1- Is it in keeping with the geo caching rules to be able to charge an entry fee thats would cover prizes and food for the end of the day events? #2 is there anyone interested in this type of event?

#3 if it is within in the rules of geocaching to charge an entry fee to a day long event like this is A maximum $20 entry fee reasonable and affordable for the average geo-cacher?

I would like comments either posted here or send me an email message.

I would also need help in organising this.If it does go ahead I have plans to visit with scout troops in securing their help.

Asd I said in the beginning I do have a plan that I believe could be a fun exciting day.

If you have comments or are able to help me with the logistics please contact me and also point as many of you're geo caching friends to this message board.

It will only work with a good turn out of players. If not I will sit on this idea.

This is the east coast peetz and 20 bucks isnt anything for a day of fun. Heck i would pay airfare to come, lol. I hope there will be lots of advanced noticed so I can make arrangments to attend. I was a day short in getting to the victoria cache machine, but we did almost all the caches listed on my trip.

Judy

The $20 dollars would be for an individual or for a team.

ie: If a family of 4 entered and paid $20 then the would play as a unit of 1 and would be eligible for for the prize as a unit.

ie:if John Doe wanted to play on his own then he would pay his $20 and be elible for the prize on his own.

ie: If John Doe and Jane Doe wanted to play as a couple and be eligible for the prize (if they were the winners)then they would pay $20 and would have tp play as an independant team.

ie: If John and Jane Doe wanted to play and both be eligible to win then to be fair to other players then they would have to pay $20 each and more than likely play in separate vehicles.

I need these questions because I need to have all of the potential scenarios worked out so that on game day there is a written set of rules and no uncertainty.

If all goes well and there is enough interest then I would like to make this a go around the 1st weekend of November. Definately a weekend day.

Saturday or Sunday?

In response to gm100guy(disclaimer - not trying to stir the pot or anything)

The need to be noticed.

If you were new in school, didn't you want to be known by the cool kids. Best way to meet them, throw a party.

This is just a bigger playground. He just wants the status of hopefully having Eroyd, any member of Team Phoenix, MarinerBC etc and the host of others recognize him on the street and say hi. Total cool points.

Just a thought, makes me think I fit in on this planet!!

GM100...........I will take that as a no on your part.Seeing that your only comment is about how long I have been registered.

Feel free to read my user profile and maybe you will learn something about how long I have been actually doing it.

If it is a major concern to you then I will cancell the thought or will find someone who has been registered longer and give them the details and they can do it.

Oh and one other thing...Are you even on the Island or are you from Ontario and feel the need to make a comment on something you won't even be able to attend?